First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I don't think this is covered in the manual, so an experiment. Plugged the R1T into my level 2 charger. Plugged my Dometic fridge into the 120 v outlet in the bed. Turned on 120v and turned on the fridge. Looks like no degradation in estimated range for this arraignment. Truck was at the 70% limit I had set when starting...still there. My guess is that there will be a hit on recharging in a campground, but good to know that at least I can get the fridge cold in the bed of the truck before I get going.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I don't think this is covered in the manual, so an experiment. Plugged the R1T into my level 2 charger. Plugged my Dometic fridge into the 120 v outlet in the bed. Turned on 120v and turned on the fridge. Looks like no degradation in estimated range for this arraignment. Truck was at the 70% limit I had set when starting...still there. My guess is that there will be a hit on recharging in a campground, but good to know that at least I can get the fridge cold in the bed of the truck before I get going.
It's represented in the charge session details as just putting more energy into the battery, so it's hard to actually know how much energy less the outlets are responsible for.

danruss

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vermontroads.net
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Interesting info, thanks. Have you had a chance to test the same while on a Level 3 DC charger?

Presumably there's no difference as I think the 120V is running off an inverter connected to the battery pack. Planning to run an ARB Elements fridge off an EcoFlow 2 power station in the bed. Be great to top off the EcoFlow while charging and then disconnect from vehicle power.
Sponsored