Sponsored

All Rivian vehicles capable of Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) charging and more.. Reddit Rivian Answers

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
From Reddit:

March 28, 2024

Rivian Responds
Please remember that Rivian is a publicly traded company, so you may not get the detail you want about upcoming product, feature, or software timelines. Of course always ask what's most important, but for more detailed answers, try to ask questions about vehicle capability, choices already made (eg, design), or about the company in general.

• When will we be able to and do you have an update on when the CCS to NACS adapter will be available? Will it be free?
    • On Monday, March 18, we opened access to more than 15,000 Superchargers to Rivian vehicles. All owners will receive a free NACS DC adapter, and we plan to begin shipping adapters in early April starting with our longest-standing owners first.
    • Learn how to get your Rivian-approved NACS DC adapter on Support Center.
  • Is there any word on when Vehicle2Home power will be available? I look forward to no longer needing my propane/gas generator.
    • We can confirm that all R1T and R1S (including vehicles in customer possession today) will be capable of Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) charging. We’ll share more details on this bidirectional charging capability in the future, but no timeline to share beyond that at this moment.
  • What's the deal with the new, Rivian sound system? There are numerous complaints about the quality of the Rivian sound system compared to the Meridian and I want to know if the system is performing as expected and/or if there are any fixes we can do today or if we can expect some down the line.
    • Our internal testing has shown that owners highly rate Rivian Elevation Audio performance, and an in-house designed system allows us to more easily tune and enhance the listening experience over time.
    • If you’re experiencing issues with your audio, we recommend reaching out to our Service Support Team. You can contact them 24/7 at (855) 748-4265.
  • When will we get additional media options in the Rivian? Notably, we'd like to see Apple Music, Netflix, and YouTube added.
    • In a Q&A session at the Venice Hub in last year, Wassym Bensaid, our Chief Software, shared that we’re working on a software development that would allow R1 vehicles to support a variety of video streaming platforms. We’ll share more details as they become available!
  • Are there any updates to the charging pad?
    • No updates to report at this time.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They really like all these non-answer questions.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Canned questions get canned answers.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Who even asked these questions? I wonder if Rivian themselves asked the questions that they later on answered.

Sponsored

OP
OP

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
Honestly, I saw the V2V and skimmed the rest and thought there was more. Was trying to beat someone else from posting here first :facepalm:

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Same answers from last year…. Sigh.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
They are kind of handcuffed on how they can answer questions since they are a publicly traded company.

That being said, they could provide press releases with more details if they had timelines scheduled but then they would be locked into the dates and lose some flexibility.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They are kind of handcuffed on how they can answer questions since they are a publicly traded company.

That being said, they could provide press releases with more details if they had timelines scheduled but then they would be locked into the dates and lose some flexibility.
It would be a good opportunity to share new details about upcoming things, even if they aren't giving times at all. They do this occasionally when there are exciting new features coming for everyone.

Things change so rapidly in certain aspects that the highest voted questions aren't even relevant anymore. Anyone who frequents the subreddit knows Rivian has launched their NACS compatibility stuff. Skip it and answer something else.

Sponsored

OP
OP

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
NACS compatibility stuff. Skip it and answer something else.
Exactly! Almost like it’s an excuse to answer as few useful questions as possible

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian R1T R1S All Rivian vehicles capable of Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) charging and more.. Reddit Rivian Answers 1711682196359-b5

daeHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Suburban, 1968 Chevelle, Cayenne S, R1T, R1S
Occupation
Physician
Having just switched from an 2023 R1S with Meridian sound to the 2024 R1S with Rivian sound I can attest that if anything, Rivian's home grown sound is sightly better. Neither can be considered premium audio though. It's really a shame, with the battery power at their disposal and the overall quietness of the vehicle they could completely kill it if they put another $1000 into the system

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit

Better to underpromise and overdeliver.

wallysworld23

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Finance
Please fix the Rivian Elevation audio (sincerely hope that it can be improved via software). My 2023 R1S is being serviced so I received a 2022 loaner with the Meridian system. I suspect Rivian's accountants conducted the "internal testing" that was referenced because there is objectively no possible way that any person with decent hearing would prefer the Rivian branded setup in it's current form. Barely any bass, terrible mids, and numerous owners have noted that the 3D and Enhanced settings actually make it sound even worse. At this point I am thankful that I leased because I would have total buyer's remorse if I had to be stuck with the Rivian system indefinitely...
Sponsored