Sponsored

Anyone else still trying to figure out what 2025 configuration they want?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I've priced out DM Large, DM Max and Tri configurations, but I'm still bouncing back and forth as to which one I want. I know for sure I'm going to lease, and realistically the difference between DM Large with dark out option and aero wheels and Tri Motor is probably going to be $250-$300 a month.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

You want all of them plus an R2 and R3X. Just do it.

OP
OP

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
No G2 for me, not enough difference to move me off of my G1 that I’m very happy with. I do have a reservation for an R2 though, most of the new autonomy stuff should come with that.

I did configure a G2 R1S just for grins with dual motor and the LFP pack, that seems like a great deal coming in under 80k.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Still waiting on more details between the Tri and Quad but also waiting for the light wood and grayish interior option. But as soon as I get the info I’m ordering.

Sponsored

Song Sparrow

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 450h+, Maverick hybrid, R1S coming soon!
I'm still trying to decide too. My gen one vehicle order was a DM large with 21s, optimized for range. I was going to order that same configuration (with 22s obviously), but wanted to explore options before deciding. With the large not available right now, I am leaning toward the standard (we don't need the max pack), especially since it's LFP and can be charged to 100% daily. Then I started looking at wheels. The 22s have better range, but I prefer the look and feel of 20s, so I might take another range hit getting the smaller wheels. The furthest we usually drive on the weekends is around 80-90 miles away, so 258 miles should be fine for 99% of our needs. Every once in a while we take a trip to the Sequoias, so we would need to plan that out. I just hope I don't regret not getting the large pack. The argument for the standard over the large is they end up to be around the same daily range if you charge the large to 80% (especially since it's now 330 miles instead of 352 like it was with gen one). I'm still new to this LFP technology, so if my reasoning is flawed, someone please be so kind as to point that out to me. :) With the money we save on the battery, I will probably get the ocean coast interior, the blackout package, and the premium audio. And it has to be red according to my son. We are leasing, but only to get the tax credit and will be buying the car outright, so total cost is more important than monthly payment.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I'm still trying to decide too. My gen one vehicle order was a DM large with 21s, optimized for range. I was going to order that same configuration (with 22s obviously), but wanted to explore options before deciding. With the large not available right now, I am leaning toward the standard (we don't need the max pack), especially since it's LFP and can be charged to 100% daily. Then I started looking at wheels. The 22s have better range, but I prefer the look and feel of 20s, so I might take another range hit getting the smaller wheels. The furthest we usually drive on the weekends is around 80-90 miles away, so 258 miles should be fine for 99% of our needs. Every once in a while we take a trip to the Sequoias, so we would need to plan that out. I just hope I don't regret not getting the large pack. The argument for the standard over the large is they end up to be around the same daily range if you charge the large to 80% (especially since it's now 330 miles instead of 352 like it was with gen one). I'm still new to this LFP technology, so if my reasoning is flawed, someone please be so kind as to point that out to me. :) With the money we save on the battery, I will probably get the ocean coast interior, the blackout package, and the premium audio. And it has to be red according to my son. We are leasing, but only to get the tax credit and will be buying the car outright, so total cost is more important than monthly payment.
Range aside, the biggest downside with LFP is the huge range loss with the car unplugged overnight in very cold weather. But other wise its a great technology for people not wanting a 0-60 in 2.5 seconds.

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
Range aside, the biggest downside with LFP is the huge range loss with the car unplugged overnight in very cold weather. But other wise its a great technology for people not wanting a 0-60 in 2.5 seconds.
Color me intrigued by the 2025 LFP battery. Some conflicting information on the youtube vids, but I talked to a couple of Normal employees this morning (live in same subdivision). SUPPOSEDLY once the Gotion battery plant in Manteno, IL starts providing the LFP batteries (slated for October-November) the under $80,000 LFP sticker vehicles will qualify for full $7500 tax credit. And, they also are going to "substantially" improve the dcfc charge curve. Will be interesting to watch; especially if the real world range is 270 miles, or better with "range" tires.

doozenberg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Model 3, ‘22 Model Y, R1S reservation holder
Occupation
Physician
Have almost exactly the same thoughts here. Except I’m pre-price hike, so forced to order only from inventory which really limits my options. I was always about maximizing value (RIP Explore) and it feels like the base option with no bells on it is the way to go and about $10k less (with 50ish miles less range) than what I was expecting in 2018 - $60k all electric 7 seater that isn’t Kia.

OP
OP

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Really hoping someone does a range and charge test on the standard soon. I've also been holding off a bit in ordering because of that. I've never had an LFP battery before.

Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 pre-order, 2021 Mach-E
I’m really having the same debate about the LFP Standard be the large pack. This range would be okay for day to day and road trips but if I want to tow anything or drive in winter ,it would be nice to have the better range. That being said, the longevity and reduced degredation of LFP vs the NCA large pack is a nice plus, especially when I would keep the vehicle for 6+ years.

OP
OP

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm slowly convincing myself to go with the tri-motor. Dual motor max would likely get delivered faster though....

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I've been going back and forth between the DM Large and Max packs. In Canada it's an extra 10k. I have a model Y and the range we have is perfectly fine and in theory the EPA between the Y and the Large is the same...onyl issue is that the Rivian is less efficient and wonder if we'll feel that. Going to a Max would push me above what i wanted to spend

André

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Sprinter, Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Finances
I’m really having the same debate about the LFP Standard be the large pack. This range would be okay for day to day and road trips but if I want to tow anything or drive in winter ,it would be nice to have the better range. That being said, the longevity and reduced degredation of LFP vs the NCA large pack is a nice plus, especially when I would keep the vehicle for 6+ years.
It's not only the stated range that matters, LFP doesn't hold its range as well in cold winter...

MasterofWilford

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen2 Rivian R1S, BMW iX xDrive50
The residual of the standard seems to be a lot lower. If you don’t buy at the end of the term, it will be a very bad deal.
Sponsored