Sponsored

Arrival Day! (LE/FG/FE/20"AT, Portland, OR)

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Arrival Day!  (LE/FG/FE/20"AT, Portland, OR) Rivian R1T at Cedar Crossin

Rivian R1T R1S Arrival Day!  (LE/FG/FE/20"AT, Portland, OR) Dueling Puddle Lights

Rivian R1T R1S Arrival Day!  (LE/FG/FE/20"AT, Portland, OR) Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 8.16.51 PM

November 2020 preorder. Originally had June/July 2022 delivery date; bumped to November/December in the early June delayening.

The whole time, I've had a Launch Edition selected, in either Launch Green or Forest Green, with Forest Edge, with either 20" AT or 20" AT-Bright, with or without underbody shield selected. (Although I did waffle between all the various combinations at least a dozen times.)

Got Vehicle Shop access on June 25th and my selection locked. LE/FG/FE/20" AT-Bright/underbody+spare. Saw the inventory wax and wane on the shop, having a wide variety at some times, but never a FG+FE+20"… Until August 2. Then I found this one. While the vast majority of vehicles, even with 20" wheels, were "Adventure" trim, this one was even a Launch Edition. Even as of August 2nd, my Guide had zero idea when my own configured vehicle would be produced, so while I'd prefer the AT-Bright wheels to the 20" "regular," any 20"s are fine. (I would have even splurged on the dark if they had shown up, even though I really didn't want to.)

Did my 7 steps on August 2 the same day I selected it from the shop. Pestered my guide that I would be more than happy to pick up in Normal, Illinois if it was still there; but if it was already in my town, I'd pick up here. It took him until the 5th to figure out where the truck was - by the time he found out, it was already on the slow train West. :-/

Got notice it arrived in my town last Tuesday August 23 - then the wait for preparation and delivery. Finally passed inspection last Friday, but couldn't pick it up at the service center, had to wait until a delivery person was available today.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Congrats on your sweet new truck! Even though it isn’t exactly what you ordered originally I hope it brings you years of fun times.

daorte

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limestone R1T
Occupation
Operations Director
That's awesome, I think mine might have been on the same train. Was told today it is at the Portland SC and I should get notified in the next 24-72 hrs it is ready. We will see...

OP
OP
CharonPDX

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Congrats on your sweet new truck! Even though it isn’t exactly what you ordered originally I hope it brings you years of fun times.
Humorously, I may be trading wheels with someone who got "exactly the truck I wanted, but with 20" AT-Bright wheels instead of plain 20" AT wheels" soon. So both of us will get exactly what we ordered in the end. :-D

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Photo of my Rivian R1T in Forest Green at Cedar Crossing covered bridge

Dueling puddle lights - photo in a garage of R1T with Rivian-logo puddle light plus Ford Mustang Mach-E with pony-logo puddle light; with Arcimoto FUV in between.

Screenshot from my security camera of my Rivian pulling into my driveway - yes, I was so impatient when I knew it was on its way I kept the security camera feed running constantly.

November 2020 preorder. Originally had June/July 2022 delivery date; bumped to November/December in the early June delayening.

The whole time, I've had a Launch Edition selected, in either Launch Green or Forest Green, with Forest Edge, with either 20" AT or 20" AT-Bright, with or without underbody shield selected. (Although I did waffle between all the various combinations at least a dozen times.)

Got Vehicle Shop access on June 25th and my selection locked. LE/FG/FE/20" AT-Bright/underbody+spare. Saw the inventory wax and wane on the shop, having a wide variety at some times, but never a FG+FE+20"… Until August 2. Then I found this one. While the vast majority of vehicles, even with 20" wheels, were "Adventure" trim, this one was even a Launch Edition. Even as of August 2nd, my Guide had zero idea when my own configured vehicle would be produced, so while I'd prefer the AT-Bright wheels to the 20" "regular," any 20"s are fine. (I would have even splurged on the dark if they had shown up, even though I really didn't want to.)

Did my 7 steps on August 2 the same day I selected it from the shop. Pestered my guide that I would be more than happy to pick up in Normal, Illinois if it was still there; but if it was already in my town, I'd pick up here. It took him until the 5th to figure out where the truck was - by the time he found out, it was already on the slow train West. :-/

Got notice it arrived in my town last Tuesday August 23 - then the wait for preparation and delivery. Finally passed inspection last Friday, but couldn't pick it up at the service center, had to wait until a delivery person was available today.
The PDX Team are great and very customer service oriented. Who delivered your R1T, John or Hananiah? Both great folks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CharonPDX

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

The PDX Team are great and very customer service oriented. Who delivered your R1T, John or Hananiah? Both great folks!
John. We had H... (I thought it was Hannah? Did I get it wrong, or do you have an interesting typo?) for our First Drive back in April.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Stoked for you, amigo!
Sponsored