First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future r1t
Occupation
Landscaping
I have been very impressed with my truck so far it can tow all my trailers from my dump trailer loaded with 4 tons of gravel, to my flatbed trailer hauling my bobcat track loader around. I usually stay around town or 30min away in a neighboring city. I get tons of attention with people who can’t believe what they are seeing and then when I tell them they are surprised again that it can haul a Bobcat. 😂 I would have liked to have bought this truck over 20 years ago when I got my first truck. I have owned 6 trucks before this one and just are not even worth comparing. From Tundra’s to F-250s I couldn’t go back to a regular gasoline truck after owning my R-1T . Now that being said I’m not looking forward to the day the warranty is gone and something breaks, I may not be able to write such a positive review.

IMG_4812.jpeg

Resized_20230828_095756.jpeg

IMG_4367.jpeg

IMG_3951.jpeg

I am also and landscape and I have just started looking into the R1T for my work truck! It is great to see that you use it in all aspects of the job. Can you give some more detail on the range that you get when pulling the dump trailer and the bobcat? Do you have the Max battery pack as well?
Sponsored

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

... it hauls 4x8 sheets just fine with the tailgate down (I put 25 sheets of 5/8" siding in there on top of my Tractor Supply stall mat in one trip and was able to close the tonneau). I couldn't do that in any of my Tundras without having a LOT more overhang due to the space occupied by the "container" for the ReTrax bed lid.
Ummm. Wait. 25 sheets x 5/8" would be (pulls up calculator app) nearly 16 feet thick. Your R1T bed must be bigger on the inside. Mine certainly couldn't do that.

Edit: What was I thinking. (hint: whatever it was, it was wrong)

Last edited:

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Ummm. Wait. 25 sheets x 5/8" would be (pulls up calculator app) nearly 16 feet thick. Your R1T bed must be bigger on the inside. Mine certainly couldn't do that.
16 inches

Sponsored

MtnRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to write a good review if something broke after your warranty is up. Considering Rivian warranty is way longer than most other manufacturers, if you keep your truck that long and do what you do with it that long, I would say that’s extremely positive! my F250 has been nothing but problems and it only has 40k miles on it! Lemon law here we come! It’s cool seeing how well the T is performing in a HD environment. Awesome!

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
[/QUOTE]
What is this, siding for ants?!

When referencing construction materials, a "sheet" is generally understood to mean some kind of a "panel" that is 4 feet wide and 8 feet long. The other dimension given is the nominal thickness (in this case, it's 5/8"). This was used as sheathing beneath Hardy Board siding on an outbuilding.