Sponsored

Best Way to Contact Rivian?

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
1/22?
Sponsored

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
They've picked my vehicle up when it wasn't safe to drive but wouldn't arrange dropping it back off at my house, we had to go pick it up. I think Rivian really is saving people a lot of hassle by limiting their customer distance from the service centers. They haven't rolled it out as a "white glove service" and I think a lot of people mistakenly expected it to be that after a lot of the early reviews about how accommodating service was.
I agree with you, and from a finances side I totally understand why Rivian is doing this. But they caused this mess with the wide initial roll-out, poor communication, and limited scale-up of service centers.

They should have never opened up orders outside of service areas to begin with. But they did, then they doubled down with a good delivery window, and now they've decided...nevermind.

I feel like I went to a restaurant, the maître d told us we had a 15min wait, 20mins later he/she decides the table that opened up is too good for us, so we have to wait another hour. I've been told the food is great, but do I really want to sit around another hour just to find out there is another delay, or the service sucks?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I feel like I went to a restaurant, the maître d told us we had a 15min wait, 20mins later he/she decides the table that opened up is too good for us, so we have to wait another hour. I've been told the food is great, but do I really want to sit around another hour just to find out there is another delay, or the service sucks?
Service turnaround time is really slow right now anyway since Rivian is still struggling with the ramp. That's why they have a bunch more SCs opening up.

If you still really want the truck now without care about the servicing issue, change your delivery address to somewhere close to a service center. Once you get assigned a guide, ask for R1 shop access and then change your address back. That's about the quickest anyone could hope to get a vehicle when they are being shunned for living too far from a service center. Good luck.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
R1T, adventure, quad motor, limestone, OC+DA, 21" wheels, manual cover.
What's the current delivery status for the manual tonneau cover? Are those already shipping? Since I'm R1S, I haven't been following the status on that.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
What's the current delivery status for the manual tonneau cover? Are those already shipping? Since I'm R1S, I haven't been following the status on that.
Not shipping yet. No one, including my guide has even seen a pic or anything. He did tell me this would not affect delivery at all because it can just be sent later.

Sponsored

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
I guarantee this is based on your location. If your nearest service center is 200 miles away, they clearly pushed you due to that. Perhaps you can take on a virtual address or an address of a family member until you take delivery?
OK, I have a 2/3/19 pre-order. Everything pretty standard. Launch edition, etc... I am 40 miles from a service center. I have had my order pushed back 6 times. It seems to me that there are other factors involved.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
OK, I have a 2/3/19 pre-order. Everything pretty standard. Launch edition, etc... I am 40 miles from a service center. I have had my order pushed back 6 times. It seems to me that there are other factors involved.
I don’t doubt there are numerous other factors for 200 miles away from a location is a pretty good one. I mean it’s all listed here: https://rivian.com/support/article/what-factors-impact-my-delivery-window-estimate

Where are you located? What’s your configuration?

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
Not shipping yet. No one, including my guide has even seen a pic or anything. He did tell me this would not affect delivery at all because it can just be sent later.
Unfortunately, It appears to me, at least my experience is that the guides have no more information than you have. It's unfortunate. My guide was expecting that we were on track for delivery a year ago...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Unfortunately, It appears to me, at least my experience is that the guides have no more information than you have. It's unfortunate. My guide was expecting that we were on track for delivery a year ago...
I think you’re right. Mine basically admitted as much in our first call. He said I would probably know I have a VIN at the same time he does. I don’t really expect him to have a bunch of insight ahead of time, so that’s fine with me. I feel like I will rely on his help more once I have that VIN and the 8 step process begins.

When I’ve asked him about the manual cover he said they (the guides) have been asking about it in meetings and have been promised more details early this year… which to me all I hear from that is they get the same treatment we do when we ask :giggle:

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
I don’t doubt there are numerous other factors for 200 miles away from a location is a pretty good one.

It was a Standard Configuration, Launch Edition . Back in Oct. (when I was suppose to get delivered) they told me I needed to change my configuration from Forest Edge. Forest Edge was set to be produced next but they decided they weren't going to produce it with Canyon. It would have been nice to know a few months earlier. So that pushed me out to Jan. - March.. Now I've been pushed to April - May. I'40 miles from Sacramento and about 80 miles from San Jose. Both relatively close. Too, many things, too many times, they just need to get people their cars based on when they ordered and quit playing games with their customers.

Sponsored

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
I think you’re right. Mine basically admitted as much in our first call. He said I would probably know I have a VIN at the same time he does. I don’t really expect him to have a bunch of insight ahead of time, so that’s fine with me. I feel like I will rely on his help more once I have that VIN and the 8 step process begins.

When I’ve asked him about the manual cover he said they (the guides) have been asking about it in meetings and have been promised more details early this year… which to me all I hear from that is they get the same treatment we do when we ask :giggle:
Exactly

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

I wonder what’s the max distance one could be from a SC and still be considered in a serviceable zone. 🤔

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Too, many things, too many times, they just need to get people their cars based on when they ordered and quit playing games with their customers.
This is exactly my complaint. Its not really the overall timing (many, many have it way worse overall), its the inconsistency and last minute changes. Its amateur hour in whatever department is making these decisions. The could have easily built out the few RC + FE before they removed that from production and would have cost them nothing.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
That is what I thought. I'm now a bit closer to some intentionality to this. I really think they would not mind if some of us early folk said goodbye. I know that is speculation but it gets a little hard to believe it can all be assigned to bad management.

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
I don’t doubt there are numerous other factors for 200 miles away from a location is a pretty good one. I mean it’s all listed here: https://rivian.com/support/article/what-factors-impact-my-delivery-window-estimate

I agree with your assessment. On my first call with my guide, he indicated all the factors that would impact delivery. Configuration, location, when your pre-order was placed, laws protecting dealerships. For his example, a customer putting in a pre-order from Montana or one of the Dakotas, with a configuration of compass yellow w/ oc interior will be waiting a long time even if they were an early pre-order.

Take a look at my configuration; ADV,Cocaine White, BM interior 21 w/ tonneau cover (org. powered. I live 39 miles from Costa Mesa SC and Rivian HQ located in Irvine. Additionally I am a post March 1st order. Slated for an Apr-May window now (orginally Apr-June). I asked him about the revised powered tonneau cover and he indicated that was about a year out from now. If someone is holding out for that option to come viable, then you are looking at a pushout of about a year.
I also looked at the compiled data and looked at the most popular colors, options so there is that too. I am data driven and so the trends support your statement.
Sorry for the piggy packing, I love working from the shadows, lol
Sponsored