Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Good updates but... no Apple Musics yet. :(
But at least that should mean no Connect+ subscription fee / trial yet either.

I'll take that trade as a Spotify user, but will probably give Apple Music another go once Spatial Audio goes live.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Fantastic updates! I need the bum cooler to work better. There should be a "bum frostbite" mode.
You might need to see a doctor if your bum is that warm all the time.

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
Suspension, HVAC controls AND HVAC performance improvements?!? Those are my biggest gripes (that can be fixed with software)! So perhaps needless to say I'm very excited for this update!!

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Suspension, HVAC controls AND HVAC performance improvements?!? Those are my biggest gripes (that can be fixed with software)! So perhaps needless to say I'm very excited for this update!!
I don't know how they do it but its pure magic!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast
This update looks great, a lot of goodness.

BUT, no attempts to fix Vampire Drain.

I guess Rivian has thrown in the towel on this? GEN 2 is the answer I guess.

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Release notes source: RivianTrackr
2024.19 OTA First reported on RivianTrackr on June 14, 2024

Software Update 2024.19
New Suspension Software for Better Ride Comfort
We made these enhancements to the vehicle suspension software:

• Fine-tuned damping for all drive modes to provide an improved driving experience.
  • Re-tuned Ride Feel options to offer a broader range of body control settings.
  • Improved software sensing and added automatic adjustment of damping control for varying load conditions. such as when carrying additional passengers, gear, or when towing a trailer.
  • Improved terrain management for a smoother experience on uneven or rough roads.
  • Improved pitch management during acceleration and braking, resulting in a smoother launch off the line and reduced nosedive when decelerating.
Refreshed Visual Interface with 3D Cel Shading
We refreshed the visual interface in the following ways:

• Redesigned our vehicle apps using 3D cel shading powered by Unreal Engine to provide a more dynamic user environment and interactive user experience. All in-vehicle displays and the Rivian mobile app now support this new design philosophy.
  • Redesigned the driver display power bar, gear indicator, and Navigation to provide bolder visualizations to seamlessly work with live camera views.
  • Updated the in-vehicle displays with an all-new, Rivian proprietary Adventure font!
Live Camera View Added to the Blind Spot Monitoring
Now when you activate a turn signal, the driver display shows a live camera view to the side of the vehicle (in the direction of the turn). This helps you change lanes and turn the vehicle more safely. Blind Spot Monitoring is on by default. To turn it off, go to Settings > Driver+.

Climate Control Improvements

Improved, ergonomically placed climate controls now include:

• Vent presets for quick one-tap positioning of the face vents.
  • Direct access to the side mirror heating.
  • Ability to switch between seat heating and seat cooling from the bottom of the center display.
  • Ability to turn steering wheel heating on or off from the domain bar.
Options for Automatic Software Updates
The center display and Rivian mobile app 2.10.0 include options to automatically install updates. When the vehicle notifies you that an update is available, you can schedule it for later or you can schedule all future updates for a specific time. Go to Settings > Vehicle > Updates on the center display to manage the settings.

Improved Google Maps™ Search
We improved the quality of our Google power search results in the Navigation app.

Additional Improvements
  • With the Rivian mobile app version 2.10.0 or later, you can now use a trailer profile that you created in the vehicle center display to plan a towing trip.

• We enhanced the look of the turn signal indicators so they are more visible and easier to notice.
  • Infotainment
    • Fixed an issue that caused the media panel to close after audio was paused.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the live camera view to freeze momentarily when you switched between day and night modes with the Camera app on the center display and the vehicle in Reverse.
  • Climate
    • Improved vent positions to more consistently save and restore them after the vehicle sleeps.
    • Improved performance of climate control in sunny conditions.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the rear window defrost setting to toggle rapidly.
  • Fixed a very rare issue that prevented the charge port door from opening.
  • Fixed an issue that made Vehicle Shipping mode text difficult to see in the title bar of the Vehicle > Service panel.
  • Improved proximity lock and unlock tuning for the iPhone® 15 Pro Max.
Nice! My last update was 2024.11.03. Didn’t miss one, say 2024.15.x?

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Fantastic updates! I need the bum cooler to work better. There should be a "bum frostbite" mode.
Don’t think there is any cooling, just a fan/airflow. No freon lines under there! 🤣

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Don’t think there is any cooling, just a fan/airflow. No freon lines under there! 🤣
Well then, maybe something to vacuum out any potential "warm air" coming out in that area.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This update looks great, a lot of goodness.

BUT, no attempts to fix Vampire Drain.

I guess Rivian has thrown in the towel on this? GEN 2 is the answer I guess.
How much is your drain? My R1S is negligible, maybe 1 mile in 2 days, I see it sleeping a lot and have gear guard off at home.

Wassym says if it is more than 1 mile a night you should open a ticket.
Sponsored