First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Of all wheel options, in context of off-road use, Thuren is the only one so far that has the specs right. Just wish they were a bit lighter and have more design options. Would like to see others take Thuren's specs as inspiration.
Sponsored

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Order those bloack out emblems before they are discontinued.

OP
OP

JF-R1T

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Range update on this wheel / tire setup: Pre trip: 89% battery / 276 miles stated range - a 100 mile and 2:55 hour trip on mostly flat highway driving - had 53% / 164 miles of range remaining at destination. As a EV newbi, I donā€™t know how this compares, but thought I would share as a FYI ā€¦

aznkukuboi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Range update on this wheel / tire setup: Pre trip: 89% battery / 276 miles stated range - a 100 mile and 2:55 hour trip on mostly flat highway driving - had 53% / 164 miles of range remaining at destination. As a EV newbi, I donā€™t know how this compares, but thought I would share as a FYI ā€¦
Miles per kw is probably what most people can compare.

Sponsored

jayg

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023R1T
Clubs

Just took delivery of a Black R1T with the Xpel stealth wrap. I wanted the offroad package but Rivian wouldn't let me swap since the build was locked - so I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to Thuren Wheels with BFG KO2s (295/65/R20) aftermarket. Don was super helpful / responsive. Pics attached in standard height.

R1T v1.jpg

R1T v2.jpg

R1T v3.jpg
How do you like the midnight, I had a la silver but it got somehow stuck in production so they offered me the midnight. Just curious about the color etc?

OP
OP

JF-R1T

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
How do you like the midnight, I had a la silver but it got somehow stuck in production so they offered me the midnight. Just curious about the color etc?
I like it! I was set to get the el cap granite but switched to the midnight when they briefly offered it with the stealth wrap on promotion. My last 2 vehicles were black as well - so I am probably biased.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Of all wheel options, in context of off-road use, Thuren is the only one so far that has the specs right. Just wish they were a bit lighter and have more design options. Would like to see others take Thuren's specs as inspiration.
*cough* @Atomic Wheels *cough* ;)

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
None are 8" wide. With as much positive offset as the R1 requires, the rim and face of the wheel is not very well protected when off-roading. On their site, Thuren explains their specs well. The intent of a narrower barrel is so the sidewalls of the factory-spec sized tire can balloon slightly more. Putting that much more distance between obstacles and rim/face. This, of course, is done at expense of some on-pavement behavior. All other aftermarket wheels either stick to factory specs or go wider for sake of looks and ability to run an even larger tire (which we know isn't good for efficiency, without which can't venture as far).

Last edited:

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

None are 8" wide. With as much positive offset as the R1 requires, the rim and face of the wheel is not very well protected when off-roading. Thuren explains their specs well. The intent of a narrower barrel is so the sidewalls can balloon slightly more. Putting that much more distance between obstacles and rim/face. This, of course, is done at expense of some on-pavement behavior.
Oh yeah, I realize that. I just made that comment to get Atomic Wheelā€™s attention to make wheels with similar specs to the Thurens, but with their own designs. :)

Atomic Wheels

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Oh yeah, I realize that. I just made that comment to get Atomic Wheelā€™s attention to make wheels with similar specs to the Thurens, but with their own designs. :)
We will offer soon some options. šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored