First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
I have the Rivian charger mounted on the backside of the shed facing the front of the house. I was advised with thorough clarity by the supervisor of happiness that lighting up the front of the house with a pulsing green glow was not bringing her joy. The guys who did my PPF gave me an off-cut of the smoked film used for vehicle lights etc.

I measured the charger light as 5/16” x 17” and cut a piece with art knife and framing square. The ends are at an angle. I cut the angles with scissors vertically holding the end of the smoked film in alignment with the sloping side. I folded in half so I could visually align the center above the Rivian logo, peeled half of the backing tape to apply one side first from the center. I had enough cut from the end to put a second layer across the front. I think this will be enough, but tonight will be the real test.

What would I do differently next time? The light gap is a little greater than 5/16”, so there are thin gaps. I would cut 11/32” or 3/8” and also remove the front panel before applying. That would allow aligning more cleanly with the top edge and bottom edge covered by the cover.

Rivian R1T R1S Bright charger light fix DF938666-6E73-4C40-88C6-6EA9D85EF03F
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

OP
OP
Riv_Ian

Riv_Ian