Sponsored

CA HOV Decals Online Application (Finally)

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Update. I skipped the line by using the online process.
2024-02-29_12-17-01.png
When I went though the application it seemed it was only to renew you HOV permits. Can you apply for a new one though the website?
Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

When I went though the application it seemed it was only to renew you HOV permits. Can you apply for a new one though the website?
You cannot renew the HOV sticker. You can only apply for new.

Its good until 9/30/2025 when the program ends.

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S FG/FE Adventure 20, Audi e-tron, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Good to know! I kept putting it off because it was never online and I'm lazy. Plus I rarely need to use car pool.

Just registered, signed up, and paid online. All done. Now let's see how long it takes. I hate putting stickers on cars so I'll have to figure out how to do it. And the clear PPF under it is just as bad to me since I still have to put the sticker on. :p
I'm also an owner of decals who doesn't want to put anything permanent on the vehicle since I won't use them very often. Any ideas on how to do that?

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I looked at this, but the magnets don't stick to the Rivian body panels. Has anyone been able to get this to work?
I haven't done it myself (yet) but the rear quarter panels by the bumper have steel in them and I've seen these magnetic things stick fine, even with fast driving.

For me, I might just stick it temporarily with the magnet to the rear tailgate when I need it and immediately remove when I park. In my area I've seen stickers all over the place (i.e.: not in the correct locations) and cops don't seem to care. I suppose it could be a reason to be pulled over if they were looking, but I'm middle aged now and not a young kid so I don't care haha.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I looked at this, but the magnets don't stick to the Rivian body panels. Has anyone been able to get this to work?
It absolutely works, the lower part of the rear quarter panels have steel in them, have been using this on my Rivian for almost a year, tested at speeds over 90 mph and never lose them. Our Tesla was all aluminum so had to use a removable vynl for that, it worked fine for the Tesla.

Here is a video of the magnets on the R1S, these are the sheets I am using.

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It absolutely works, the lower part of the rear quarter panels have steel in them, have been using this on my Rivian for almost a year, tested at speeds over 90 mph and never lose them. Our Tesla was all aluminum so had to use a removable vynl for that, it worked fine for the Tesla.

Here is a video of the magnets on the R1S, these are the sheets I am using.
Thanks. Good to know. Do you just leave the ones that are supposed to be on the front off and not use them?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. Good to know. Do you just leave the ones that are supposed to be on the front off and not use them?
Correct, I have them on the removable vynl I had left from the Tesla, keep them in the vehicle but have never put them on. The magnets do not stick in those areas.

Sponsored

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Correct, I have them on the removable vynl I had left from the Tesla, keep them in the vehicle but have never put them on. The magnets do not stick in those areas.
Parroting what’s already been said, mount them on the Car Magnetic Sheet, then put the rear one on when needed (when google map is bright red, which is pretty much 24/7 if in/near LA)….used this setup for many years and never was hassled…

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I applied the old way back in December. Heard nothing. Check hasn't been cashed either.
Sponsored