Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Good evening

For anyone that has already taken delivery of their Rivian in California, do you know if the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) applies to Rivian's? It allows for a rebate of approximately $2000. In addition there is the California Clean Fuel Reward which allows for a rebate at point of purchase of approximately $750. Rivian seems to meet all the requirements for these programs, but are not listed under eligible vehicles. I am hoping it is simply that they are two new.

Thanks in advance

Adam
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Good evening

For anyone that has already taken delivery of their Rivian in California, do you know if the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) applies to Rivian's? It allows for a rebate of approximately $2000. In addition there is the California Clean Fuel Reward which allows for a rebate at point of purchase of approximately $750. Rivian seems to meet all the requirements for these programs, but are not listed under eligible vehicles. I am hoping it is simply that they are two new.

Thanks in advance

Adam
They do not qualify, the max GVWR is 8500, they both come in at 8532.

OP
OP
abirozy

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

They do not qualify, the max GVWR is 8500, they both come in at 8532.
Damn you Rivian... 32 lbs over... (shakes fist at sky). ;-)

Last edited:

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Is the 8532 GVWR with or without a spare tire, which weights what - 85lbs? Is the GVWR with or without floor mats, auxiliary charger, gear guard, air compressor kit and whatever other items are easily removed?

A California model that qualifies for $2750 in rebates and rewards seems possible. Remove items at the factory or service centers and ship them after the sale. Save customers 2-3 grand.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Is the 8532 GVWR with or without a spare tire, which weights what - 85lbs? Is the GVWR with or without floor mats, auxiliary charger, gear guard, air compressor kit and whatever other items are easily removed?

A California model that qualifies for $2750 in rebates and rewards seems possible. Remove items at the factory or service centers and ship them after the sale. Save customers 2-3 grand.
Copied from a google search. The GVWR on a truck is defined by the weight of the vehicle itself, plus its maximum allowable payload in terms of passengers, cargo and accessories within the cab or bed.

How I read this is its the maximum total weight of the vehicle fully loaded. So if you remove the spare or other accessories from the vehicle the GVWR won’t lower it just means you can add more cargo weight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
abirozy

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Copied from a google search. The GVWR on a truck is defined by the weight of the vehicle itself, plus its maximum allowable payload in terms of passengers, cargo and accessories within the cab or bed.

How I read this is its the maximum total weight of the vehicle fully loaded. So if you remove the spare or other accessories from the vehicle the GVWR won’t lower it just means you can add more cargo weight.
Yeah, after that first response, i googled it and that is my reading of it as well...... oh well.... 32 lbs from $2750.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Yeah, after that first response, i googled it and that is my reading of it as well...... oh well.... 32 lbs from $2750.
Seriously sucks

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
I thought it also doesn’t qualify because the MSRP cap is $60k for trucks/SUVs?
What is annoying is that the cap doesn’t apply to fuel cell vehicles.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Actually, since R1 exceeds the MSRP price cap of $60k, its a moot point isn't it?

The $750 point of sale rebate is through the dealers and not for direct sales, I believe.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Actually, since R1 exceeds the MSRP price cap of $60k, its a moot point isn't it?

The $750 point of sale rebate is through the dealers and not for direct sales, I believe.
That also hits the GVWR max. Tesla does direct sales and the are all listed, I do not think the 750 has the price limit. The Model S and Model X are listed for that one.
Sponsored