Sponsored

Challenging PR for R1T (rear window replacement cost)

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I think you mis-read. I am saying removing the back seat may have been required to clean the glass out. Most likely it just needs to come out to replace the back window, they also replaced the tray behind the seat.

My invoice did have a line item for 2 hours of labor to detail the interior, not charged due to it being vandalism at the SC. If someone throws a rock through your window someone is going to have to clean up the glass, why would Rivian do it for free if not their fault?
That’s what I’m saying. If cleaning the glass was the only reason for R&R of the rear seat, then it would be highway robbery. That’s what was alluded to by your previous post.
The backseat I was surprised about but this might have been needed to cleaning out the broken glass.
But, that isn’t the case and so it was a charged line item. (You may not have been charged for it since it was on their dime. But, anyone else needing a similar glass repair will need to pay for that because it’s needed as part of the glass repair process).
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Eventually, everyone saying, “What’s the big deal since insurance is paying for it,” will indirectly be paying for it over time through higher insurance premiums.

We’re already seeing people post about Rivian/Nationwide and other carriers raising rates all of a sudden after a year or two by 20% or more. Well, this is the reason.
I'm also very disappointed when I see “What’s the big deal since insurance is paying for it,” because unless you're 12 years old you should understand that our premiums fund every penny insurance pays out. If insurance has to pay out more.. all our premiums go up to cover those expenses.

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
Someone backed into my R1T damaging "bumper", tailgate and light bar. Repair estimate no different than any other truck. Admittingly it would be much higher if impacted quarter panel due to R1T design vs. most other vehicles. At the same time, there will always be certain unscrupulous elements seeking to profit at expense of Rivian, owners and insurance companies.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

See above. Rivian does indeed charge $4200 before tax for this service. I didn't have to pay this but the numbers are there.

The Independent quote doesn't seem to include the spoiler, remove and replace, so I'm not sure how that worked. It also doesn't mention the back seat.
That is because they didn’t replace those parts. Which leads me to believe that either the $4200 Rivian replacement had additional damage, Rivian did unnecessary additional work, doubling the price or my repair skipped necessary steps. I can pretty much rule out the latter as the repair was done back in early May and is still working just fine. My bet is the first explanation, more work was needed because there was more damage.

Rivianready

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Jeep Gr Cherokee SRT, Suburban LTZ
Occupation
Business owner
Clubs

Wow. I actually have a small factory defect on the back window in my new R1S. I have an appointment on 1/16 to have it looked at. I’ll be curious to see what they say. I am very concerned that if these repairs are as high as some of the reports are, we are in for major increases to our insurance premiums.
Sponsored