• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Sold: Oregon ChargePoint Home Flex - $300

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hey All. Selling a used ChargePoint Home Flex. It is setup for Nema 14-50 plug in but could be hardwired to a 60A circuit to max out the Rivian‘s L2 charging capability.

My new Hyundai came with a free ChargePoint Home Flex and money off installation so I got one hard wired and don’t need this one.

Asking $300 obo local pickup preferred.

Rivian R1T R1S ChargePoint Home Flex - $300 IMG_5453

Rivian R1T R1S ChargePoint Home Flex - $300 IMG_5454
Sponsored

VNCR1S

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT
Hi,
How long is the cable? Are you willing to ship it to CA?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hi,
How long is the cable? Are you willing to ship it to CA?
I’d have to measure, I know it’s pretty long and actually in California this week so won’t be able to measure.

VNCR1S

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT
No worries. If it is 23ft or more i’ll take it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This is still available. Still prefer local sale, great charger at this price.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Great EVSE for anybody that is looking for one.
👍

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
I don't need this charger, but I think I could use it.

I live more than two hours from the OP, I don't get to PDX often, and I don't yet understand all the "pros and cons" of ChargePoint Home Flex.

So I'm not making a firm offer at this time. Just interested.

I've sent the OP a direct message in "Conversations" section. If you're more decisive than I am, :handsinair: for you -- this is your chance!

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I don't need this charger, but I think I could use it.

I live more than two hours from the OP, I don't get to PDX often, and I don't yet understand all the "pros and cons" of ChargePoint Home Flex.

So I'm not making a firm offer at this time. Just interested.

I've sent the OP a direct message in "Conversations" section. If you're more decisive than I am, :handsinair: for you -- this is your chance!
I did see your message but unclear what information you are after. Happy to answer any specific questions you have to the best of my knowledge.

Sponsored

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, @jjswan33, for the reply!

This would be a second charger for us, but we only have one 40-amp circuit with NEMA 6-50 plug. Because my public power company doesn't have time-of-day pricing, a programmable charger wouldn't save us money.

ChargePoint site information is fragmented, but I was able to find (mostly from State of Charge ) and ChargePoint Web site, that:

Original price is $599 for NEMA 14-50 or NEMA 6-50 plug-in, so $300 is a great deal for anyone who can pick up directly from you and already has or will install a 14-50 socket/circuit.

User orders EITHER J-1772 OR NACS cable (23') and connector -- it doesn't come with both. Swapping appears easy if you have both parts; ChargePoint appears to charge $199 for the charger-to-vehicle NACS cable. I need J-1772 at this time, so I wouldn't have to buy new cable/connector.

User orders EITHER hardwired version ($50 less) OR 14-50 plug OR 6-50 plug. I don't see any way to purchase the 6-50 plug/cable that would allow me to use this Home Flex, let alone switch from one charger to the other, without installing a new socket

Weather resistance is Level 3, which may be excellent for outdoor use in Portland but that might be a problem for outdoor use on the windy Northwest Coast. On the coast, the Home Flex looks like more of an indoor charger than an outdoor charger. That rules out installing it at our business.

The big advantage, compared to my current charger, is the Home Flex's ability to program charging times. That would sometimes be nice for me, minimizing the amount of time a vehicle is near 100% -- but it would save a LOT of money for someone in Portland, where "time of day" pricing gives very low rates between 10 pm and 6 am. https://portlandgeneral.com/about/i... call these periods:,times when demand is low)

Bottom line: I agree with you and @R.I.P. -- this is a terrific deal! But not for me.

Maybe for a friend in Portland or Olympia -- I've emailed two of my friends. Consider DM'ing or emailing me with your contact information if you want me to give it to my friends.

Perhaps this information will help someone else decide to buy it.

I hope you find the right buyer! Very best wishes!

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My friends in Olympia don't need another charger, @jjswan33, but I'm bumping this thread because you're offering a great deal for anyone who can install a NEMA 14-50 socket for it.

Very best wishes!

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

My friends in Olympia don't need another charger, @jjswan33, but I'm bumping this thread because you're offering a great deal for anyone who can install a NEMA 14-50 socket for it.

Very best wishes!
Thanks for the bump. FYI to all it can also be hardwired if someone wanted that setup.

SwaziCAR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 Subaru Legacy Brighton, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

Thanks for the bump. FYI to all it can also be hardwired if someone wanted that setup.
And, if someone wants a 6-50 plug for it, I have one that I'm willing to give away. (I bought the 6-50 version because it was cheaper than the others, but as I hardwired mine, I don't need the plug).

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Very kind of you, @SwaziCAR! I don't think ChargePoint sells the plugs separately.

With a 6-50 plug I can justify paying @jjswan33's price -- if he's still willing to sell.

I have a trip to the Portland SC in April and can meet you then. I'll send a DM or start a 3-way conversation.

Enjoying the Rivian owner community!
Sponsored