Charlotte Service Center Coming?

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
Maybe old news but I couldn’t find any mention of this in several searches and it wasn’t on Rivian’s map as under development when I looked.

Saw on LinkedIn a bunch of Rivian service center related jobs for o location in Charlotte, NC. I hope it’s true as it would be more convenient for me than ATL.

It would also be a curious development as I’d read Rivian was prohibited from having physical locations in NC because of being direct to consumer. Tesla somehow got around that and has had a Charlotte presence for some time.
Sponsored

Chug1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Technology Manager
Clubs

I have had service department reach out to me regarding my open items, the rep did say that they were working on charlotte service center. But she did not give me any inputs on when it will be ready. Conversation happened on Jan 09.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Saw on LinkedIn a bunch of Rivian service center related jobs for o location in Charlotte, NC. I hope it’s true as it would be more convenient for me than ATL.
I wish. Fingers crossed. I‘m just south of charlotte. Needed Atlanta SC visits 4 times so far. Mostly repeat items, multiple times. AC failing again, need alignment again. But just hearing “Atlanta service center” is worse than fingers on a chalkboard.

Tesla got some sort of one time dispensation for Tesla only.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

This would be great news, but i wouldn't hold too much hope until either the SC or NC legislature changes their tune on allowing Rivian to put in a service center due to the "dealership" requirement in both states. The 10-11hr round trip to either Richmond or Atlanta for service sucks. The lack of service center in Charlotte also preventing delivery of some vehicles due to being outside the 200 mile delivery radius from a service center. I've been waiting on my pre-price increase R1S and still states not delivering to Charlotte. Estimate is JAN-MAR 2025 for delivery, so maybe a CLT service center by end of 2024??? We can hope that happens.

Tesla got in with their service centers prior to the law in NC being passed.
Sponsored