Sponsored

Does anyone else have a problem withInfo Screens turning off while driving?

John Binford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2922 Rivian RT1
Occupation
Retired
Happen to me twice, Driving on I -5 in the self driving mode, heavy fog on time, hard rain both screens black out. I went to right lane, in control of vehicle. Still had head lights. Screens rebooted on it own. Called Service, they had me reboot. 13,000 miles on RT1.
Sponsored

OP
OP
nancy94024

nancy94024

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Mercedes EQE, Mercedes ML4009
Clubs

My R1S has almost 7,500 miles on it, and I received it in October. About three weeks after I got it the info screens turned off one day. Rivian support walked me through the reboot. Now it happens all the time to me. Three days ago they reset themselves six times while I was driving, which was unnerving because I was on Hwy17 in Santa Cruz county during a heavy rain storm. It's also happened in the dark on Hwy 80 and at other times--enough to be scary. Yesterday they did five resets on a 90 mile drive.
Rivian Support says they have never heard of this problem. I have an appointment for someone to look at in in April Wondering if it's only my car? Or do other people experience this? It's generally when the car has been running for an hour or longer.
I have an update. After making and submitting several videos of the screen blacking out; I received a priority appointment at my Rivian Service Center. It turns out that the Entertainment Management Module (EMM) was defective. They replaced it and the car is running fine now. I'm a happy driver once again!