Door handle issue at delivery

RivianMTBer

First Name
David Whiting
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So I finally got my Truck this last week.

Delivery was a bit frustrating however. I got a delivery for late October 27th. On oct 26th they called and SC said everything was great except the driver door handle doesn’t pop out during unlock ( door can still open manually, but does not present on unlock). They kept the truck an extra week. They Ordered a new door handle, problem not fixed. They ordered a new door chip? Problem not fixed. They said they would have it fixed and delivery rescheduled for NOV 3. I get another call Nov 2, door handle still not working. I go in Nov 3 for delivery appointment. I was assured due to multiple tear downs of the door this has to just be a software issue. I decided to take delivery as I live close to SC and I was super stoked to have the truck

they also said at the SC they had another R1T come in with the same issue

has anyone experience this and have it fixed?

it has been over a week andSC cannot give me any update on what might be causing the issue, saying it has been “escalated” to the engineers.

anyone notice issues in general prior to delivery, accept, then have issues getting things resolved?

Rivian R1T R1S Door handle issue at delivery 6517FF37-F280-4DDB-AA1C-84D1672CADD3

Rivian R1T R1S Door handle issue at delivery 2A5323F1-A0BB-4F43-9D4A-29DE927A479F
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
My passenger door handles sometimes don't fully present. It's pretty random, but they will only present about an inch and a half or so. Appointment on the 7th.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I had sensors in the door handles fail and the handles had to be replaced. This became evident after the September OTA update.
Sponsored