Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh
Hi all

We got another love letter from Rivian. Those that have known me or AO for a bit of time will know this is nothing new, and we'll figure something out at some point, but since Rivian refuses to have any discussion around licensing, we'll be removing them from our retail site in the next day or two.

This is just a heads-up, the links are below, we do not have any all-black for R1S at the moment, but everything else is in stock.

Satin Black Emblems for Rivian R1T (abstractocean.com)
Satin Black Emblems for Rivian R1S (abstractocean.com)
Sponsored

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
That's a bummer! Too bad they won't license them or work with you to offer official "Rivian approved/produced" black badge kits.

I recently emailed your customer service address about getting just the rear letters in Satin Black. I already have the black and yellow R1T kit, but I decided I'd like all-black for the rear before installing. I was told that you will have stock of all-black rear letters-only kits available again in a couple of weeks.

Does this mean I won't be able to get the all-black rear lettering?

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh
That's a bummer! Too bad they won't license them or work with you to offer official "Rivian approved/produced" black badge kits.

I recently emailed your customer service address about getting just the rear letters in Satin Black. I already have the black and yellow R1T kit, but I decided I'd like all-black for the rear before installing. I was told that you will have stock of all-black rear letters-only kits available again in a couple of weeks.

No, they're still coming, we just can't show them on the site for now. Please reach out again in a couple of weeks for a 'special order' 😉

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
No, they're still coming, we just can't show them on the site for now. Please reach out again in a couple of weeks for a 'special order' 😉
Sweet 😎 that’s what I was hoping you’d be able to do 👌🏼

Sponsored

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It maybe Rivian doesn’t want to spend resources. You would need a team to setup a contract, quality agreement and also ongoing inspection etc. Do other car companies do it?

or it maybe that Rivian is going to release their black emblem🤔

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh
It maybe Rivian doesn’t want to spend resources. You would need a team to setup a contract, quality agreement and also ongoing inspection etc. Do other car companies do it?

or it maybe that Rivian is going to release their black emblem🤔
Every legacy car company does it, but Tesla never has, was hoping Rivian would be a little more progressive. Judging from the supply chain issues just getting new emblems to XPel and other wrap shops, I doubt they're making their own any time soon.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

Would it be legally Kosher to sell the emblems modified to spell “NAIVIR”? Some people might like that variation.

Sponsored

iceman12578

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, Volvo xc90 recharge
Occupation
designer
buying now!! my guess is they are offering black emblems with refresh

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, CT, Model 3 Refresh
VAIN IR
RAIN IV
RAN VII
IRAN VI
AN IR VI
NIRVANA
Lots of options if it’s kosher as a switcheroo
We've been advised before that's not really an option. It might prolong the inevitable, but ultimately it's playing games that any legal process would frown upon (so I'm told - not my area of expertise).

Kelvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Are you me? I just did this yesterday 2 days ago (days are going by too fast).