First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
If we do ever set up a Hall of Fame for threads on this forum, this once should be the first one inducted. It has surpassed dumpster fire status and moved on to Model S on fire at a supercharger status.

Unknown-2.jpeg
Yes, meaning it's a dramatic display of irrationalism and hate. It's sad to see so many people ignore the facts and cling to made-up narratives designed to turn us against one another.

Sad.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yes, meaning it's a dramatic display of irrationalism and hate. It's sad to see so many people ignore the facts and cling to made-up narratives designed to turn us against one another.

Sad.
It's very strange that you continue to do that. I agree.

beaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
If we do ever set up a Hall of Fame for threads on this forum, this once should be the first one inducted. It has surpassed dumpster fire status and moved on to Model S on fire at a supercharger status.

Unknown-2.jpeg
This is clearly fake news and should be banned and removed. Our Lord Savior God-King Elon says this could never happen.

High Treason!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Sad.
Says the person who has "*never" seen any comment from Elon that would fall into the "hate" or "irrationalism" category :CWL:

*never = conveniently ignored.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redline

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Says the person who has "*never" seen any comment from Elon that would fall into the "hate" or "irrationalism" category :CWL:

*never = conveniently ignored.
Usually means he agrees with said comments.

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tester
I never said that.

What I said was, " I guess I have missed all the racist, antisemitic, bigoted statements Elon has made. I don't believe he is any of those things."

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

I never said that.

What I said was, " I guess I have missed all the racist, antisemitic, bigoted statements Elon has made. I don't believe he is any of those things."
Yes, and I am saying you would literally need to be living under a rock without access to the internet to miss most of it. Unless you just didn't want to admit to seeing it because you admire the person SO much... You wouldn't do that would you?

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Nothing should be free. Rivian owners can pay the same price as Tesla owners if they buy a monthly subscription. I think it's only $15/month, or some such low price. Tesla owners paid for the network to be built when they bought a Tesla. Because Tesla self-funded the buildout of the Supercharger network. It was built into the price of the cars. The reason the cars are still relatively affordable, even though the capital costs of the Superchargers are built into the purchase price, is because Tesla worked hard to build a better car for less money. That's what it takes to offer consumers real value on a sustainable basis.

When you buy a Rivian, you are not contributing to the capital costs of the Supercharger Network. Of course, you should need a subscription if you want the same low price Tesla owners pay! That's the money you didn't give to Tesla when you bought another brand of car.
Thanks for the lesson on how Tesla works. I've been driving electric for over a decade and have owned stock in Tesla since nearly the beginning. I'm well aware of the cost of building out the network. That has nothing to do with my point or your initial argument - that Elon Musk gave something free to the public.

Sponsored

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tester
That has nothing to do with my point or your initial argument - that Elon Musk gave something free to the public.
Technically, it wasn't Elon that donated the NACS standard to the public domain, it was Tesla. Elon made the decision to do it, but it was not a gift from him.

And yes, Tesla did donate the development, testing and engineering costs of the NACS standard to the public, free of charge.

You are conflating having to pay when you use Tesla owned Superchargers with the donation of the royalty-free NACS standard. Tesla did not donate their Superchargers to the public, they donated the standard the Supercharger Network uses to the public domain. They also invited other brands to use some of their fast DC charging infrastructure. You can take them or leave them but the NACS standard is here to say, free for all to use how they see fit.

Even RJ, who tries to appear to not be following in Elon's footsteps, has said they will install the royalty free NACS ports on new Rivian vehicles. This must have been hard for him to do. Even Ford and GM, much bigger and more bureaucratic companies beat him to the punch.

And if anyone thinks the recent "reset" in the Supercharger division at Tesla is going to change any of this, they don't understand the business implications involved. The NACS standard was very much a gift to the rest of the industry to accelerate and unify the transition to electrification. Those who try to push the narrative that Elon did it out of greed haven't a clue what is really going on here.

beaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Yes, benevolent Elon, receiver of in the neighborhood of $10 Billion in government subsidies to run his companies over the years, bestowed upon us out of pure charity the NACS standard.

It definitely wasn't at all motivated by the fact that further government subsidies for Tesla's Supercharging sites were going to require CCS support.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

And it wasn’t ”donated”. The man who loves to sue everyone for everything simply “pledged” to not sue anyone who used the patent “in good faith” (as vaguely defined by Elon). No wonder no companies took advantage of that until the NACS patent rights were handed over to SAE.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Technically, it wasn't Elon that donated the NACS standard to the public domain, it was Tesla. Elon made the decision to do it, but it was not a gift from him.

And yes, Tesla did donate the development, testing and engineering costs of the NACS standard to the public, free of charge.

You are conflating having to pay when you use Tesla owned Superchargers with the donation of the royalty-free NACS standard. Tesla did not donate their Superchargers to the public, they donated the standard the Supercharger Network uses to the public domain. They also invited other brands to use some of their fast DC charging infrastructure. You can take them or leave them but the NACS standard is here to say, free for all to use how they see fit.

Even RJ, who tries to appear to not be following in Elon's footsteps, has said they will install the royalty free NACS ports on new Rivian vehicles. This must have been hard for him to do. Even Ford and GM, much bigger and more bureaucratic companies beat him to the punch.

And if anyone thinks the recent "reset" in the Supercharger division at Tesla is going to change any of this, they don't understand the business implications involved. The NACS standard was very much a gift to the rest of the industry to accelerate and unify the transition to electrification. Those who try to push the narrative that Elon did it out of greed haven't a clue what is really going on here.
Nobody is conflating anything. Elon Musk didn't donate anything to the public. You are conflating making the NACS standard open to a "donation to the public."

You will pay for the NACS charging port that will be manufactured in your eventual non-tesla vehicle and it will be included in the manufacturing cost which is passed on to you.

Elon Musk making the standard open brings back infinitely more benefit to him than the cost in engineering the actual plug because it allows Tesla to dominate charging infrastructure for NACS, which they currently do.

Time to stop beating your dead horse.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T

Hahahaha. And you alone understand the business implications involved? It was a temper tantrum and now he has to fix it. But he will never admit he’s wrong.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.