Sponsored

First Tesla Supercharger experience: 217kw!

OP
OP
Rainman

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
Looking at use a tesla charger that supports CCS (in Michigan) and wondering if the 'plug and charge' will work the same way OR will I need to setup a tesla account to pay for the charge? can anyone chime in this from previous experience?
If you have an adapter, plug and charge works perfectly. I setup a Tesla account to save 25% - in this case you need the Tesla app, and you start the Supercharger from the app before you plug in your Rivian. It works flawlessly.
Sponsored

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

Don't have an adapter - this Tesla station looks like it has a CCS plug and does not require an adapter...This is how I am seeing it in the rivian app. Hope the plug and charge works the same (with and without adapter)

OP
OP
Rainman

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
Don't have an adapter - this Tesla station looks like it has a CCS plug and does not require an adapter...This is how I am seeing it in the rivian app. Hope the plug and charge works the same (with and without adapter)
yes - that's a MagicDock unit and it will work fine.

Reactions: GRC

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure
We tried one recently on a trip and it was great… after I switched to a 3rd dispenser. The first two were duds (and it’s claimed they’re reliable). Of course being dummy terminals you can’t tell they’re down until you try them… or perhaps if I was using the Tesla app but plug and play RAN style is just such a better experience. Not concerned about saving a few cents since it’d take us more than 162.5kWhr before breaking even and then another 162.5kWhr before we’re even saving 4cents/kWhr. An unlikely proposition unless perhaps traveling cross country.

Sam K

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Attorney
I just stopped at my first Tesla Supercharger and I’m in awe. 217kw … plug and charge, absolutely seamless. I’m driving across the country next month and this will be a game changer.
What adapter did you use?