R1TJ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ID.4, 2023 R1S
Clubs

This is probably a dumb question, but I have not seen it addressed anywhere yet - Does this adapter work with level 2 destination chargers and home chargers like a Tesla Tap?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This is probably a dumb question, but I have not seen it addressed anywhere yet - Does this adapter work with level 2 destination chargers and home chargers like a Tesla Tap?
No, there is another product for that.

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

You’re looking for the AC adapter for Tesla level 2 chargers and destination chargers found commonly at hotels / shopping centers.

This adapter will pay for itself by using it to charge overnight at hotels while you sleep and avoid expensive DCFC station. Saving time by avoiding 1 charging stop is just icing on the cake.

I was debating between the 48 amp Lectron or 80 amp / 20 kW A2Z Stellar adapter for slightly lower price after "Riv" coupon code.

I personally like A2Z AC adapter over others because of the higher amperage limit, smaller compact size, pricing and the built in lock.

TeslaTap 80 was overkill for my use and that's why I decided to save the money and still get 80 amp A2Z for futureproofing.

I only wanted to stick with well known brands/models like A2Z, Lectron or Teslatap for my level 2 adapter. I would research all three and decide which one fits your use-case the best.

Stellar adapter is the smaller one pictured on the right labeled "NACS to J1772 Adapter"

A2Z EV Link - Tesla to J-1772 80 A / 20 kW adapter

I have signed up to become a sponsor to make it clear we are promoting/selling a product as a sponsor and not a normal user. We are community-supported and may get paid by brands or deals, including promoted items. This post and future posts may contain links to affiliate website, and we may receive a commission for any purchase made by you on the affiliate website. Our affiliates include GoAFFpro and Shareasale.

Rivian R1T R1S First Charge with A2Z NACS to CCS adapter (success!) 1714489353073-y

Rivian R1T R1S First Charge with A2Z NACS to CCS adapter (success!) IMG_0253

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
You’re looking for the AC adapter for Tesla level 2 chargers and destination chargers found commonly at hotels / shopping centers.

This adapter will pay for itself by using it to charge overnight at hotels while you sleep and avoid expensive DCFC station. Saving time by avoiding 1 charging stop is just icing on the cake.

I was debating between the 48 amp Lectron or 80 amp / 20 kW A2Z Stellar adapter for slightly lower price after "Riv" coupon code.

I personally like A2Z AC adapter over others because of the higher amperage limit, smaller compact size, pricing and the built in lock.

TeslaTap 80 was overkill for my use and that's why I decided to save the money and still get 80 amp A2Z for futureproofing.

I only wanted to stick with well known brands/models like A2Z, Lectron or Teslatap for my level 2 adapter. I would research all three and decide which one fits your use-case the best.

Stellar adapter is the smaller one pictured on the right labeled "NACS to J1772 Adapter"

A2Z EV Link - Tesla to J-1772 80 A / 20 kW adapter

1714489353073-yj.jpg

IMG_0253.jpeg
Its great to have both in your toolbox, I just used my Typhoon this weekend on a roadtrip and the winery we were at had free Tesla L2 charger so used my J1772 (I have Lectron) for that and was able to get some juice while enjoying our wine.

gordonherbert

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the update. Did you happen to get a shipping notification from A2Z? I also ordered on the 18th and haven't gotten anything yet besides the order confirmation, so just wondering if I should be watching my email or my mailbox.
I got a notification from FedEx the night before it arrived, but nothing directly from A2Z. It came in about 20 or so days.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Got mine today (funny timing) and tested it out. 4 or 5 of the 8 chargers were busy, so I’m sure that hit the speed, which was about 150 kWh. Battery temp was about 75 as I plugged in at 50% soc.

I had zero issues with inserting the NACS handle into the A2Z, or getting the A2Z to lock. Quality is really, really good.

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
Got my A2Z adapter in. This morning I plugged in and charged with no issues.

Cost was $0.54 per kWh. Yikes! For reference, my 24/7 home rate is $0.12 per kWh.

Sponsored

DKM_R1S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

Was wondering if anyone else who ordered their A2Z the first week of April has received theirs yet? I ordered mine on 4/6, so I am at the end of the 15-20 business day lead time. I have still not received any shipment confirmation. I wonder if the lead-time is actually longer than 15-20 biz days.

Scottm

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
physician
Was wondering if anyone else who ordered their A2Z the first week of April has received theirs yet? I ordered mine on 4/6, so I am at the end of the 15-20 business day lead time. I have still not received any shipment confirmation. I wonder if the lead-time is actually longer than 15-20 biz days.
I ordered mine on 3/25 and received it yesterday, 5/2.

AtlantaX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just got my Adapter today, ordered 3/18. I tested it out prior to our road trip at the new v3 Tesla stations in South Lake Tahoe, CA with immediate success!

Things to note:

1) The adapter is tight, so first insertion is tough, then it eases up enough to not be a problem (insert pun here).

2) Make sure to clear off any dirt on the Tesla charger before inserting into the adapter. I found ALL the new stations already had crud on them. People seem to be nice enough to rub them in the dirt before putting it back.

3) Taking the last stall is the best option for space. If one isn’t available, you can pull up pretty close to a neighbor if they approve like this awesome guy next to me in the picture below. Even this stretches the cord, but it will work.

4) I can only start charging from the app. I don’t see anywhere in the vehicle software to start charging. Maybe someone here knows if that is a limitation in the vehicle software or if my pea brain is malfunctioning?

Overall, it was easy and a good experence! If anyone has any doubts about the A2Z charger, I hope this helps! My car did not blow up or have a seizure because of an “unauthorized” adapter.

IMG_0012.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0005.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg
Strange that you had to start the charging process. All the demos I’ve seen show plug and charge, no intervention needed.

AtlantaX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I emailed the nice people at A2Z and they told me the date mine is shipping and let me upgrade to overnight for $15 so I now know exactly the date it will arrive (assuming they ship on the day they said they would). Ordered on April 23 Arriving May 14.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs