Sponsored

For powder coating parts, what is the closest yellow accent color in the RAL paint catalog?

R1TCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150 GSA
Hi all, I’m about to get some gear for my motorcycle loader powder coated black and yellow and was looking at the RAL chip charts at my local shop.
Has anyone found a color code that matches closely with the Rivian yellow accents?
In the direct sun my top matches were the Dahlia Yellow or Melon Yellow.
Those seem a bit orange though when looking at the online chart.
https://www.ralcolor.com/

There was also a “Bright Yellow” in another line from Tiger (can’t remember the name) that looked pretty close.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Based on the online chart "signal yellow" looks good to me.

But screens are a terrible way to judge colors so I wouldn't be surprised if anything that looks like a match online was way off in real life.

OP
OP
R1TCA

R1TCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150 GSA
Based on the online chart "signal yellow" looks good to me.

But screens are a terrible way to judge colors so I wouldn't be surprised if anything that looks like a match online was way off in real life.
Yeah exactly. When I was there holding the chips up next to the calipers it really seemed like the melon or dahlia was closest.. but the chart online definitely makes signal yellow seem more accurate.

Do you think the Compass yellow is the same as the calipers and accent yellow?
Any Compass Yellow owners out there that can confirm they match?

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Yeah exactly. When I was there holding the chips up next to the calipers it really seemed like the melon or dahlia was closest.. but the chart online definitely makes signal yellow seem more accurate.

Do you think the Compass yellow is the same as the calipers and accent yellow?
Any Compass Yellow owners out there that can confirm they match?
Compass yellow is a completely different color. It’s more mellow, or muted. In fact, I was worried about the accent color getting lost before we picked up our truck, but they compliment each other nicely.

OP
OP
R1TCA

R1TCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150 GSA
Compass yellow is a completely different color. It’s more mellow, or muted. In fact, I was worried about the accent color getting lost before we picked up our truck, but they compliment each other nicely.
Ok good to know. Thanks for the input!
A lot of the images online that popped up in my search were comparing the compass yellow to the RAL charts.

So I need to focus on the caliper yellow as that will be what I want to get the look of.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Ok good to know. Thanks for the input!
A lot of the images online that popped up in my search were comparing the compass yellow to the RAL charts.

So I need to focus on the caliper yellow as that will be what I want to get the look of.
Yeah, I think you have the right term for the brighter yellow ("accent yellow" or "Rivian accent yellow").

OP
OP
R1TCA

R1TCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150 GSA
Anyone that work at an autobody shop or similar have any ideas on what the Rivian Accent yellow color compares to with RAL colors?

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
I wanted correct Mexico Blue on a hpc build

I sent a panel that was painted to Prismatic, they matched with a ten pound min .

I sold the other nine pounds on the Porsche forum .

match is perfect

The 10 watt Rev XX is amazing

Rivian R1T R1S For powder coating parts, what is the closest yellow accent color in the RAL paint catalog? A65C3C69-5A75-4704-A58C-FCE523327438
Sponsored