First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RT 1
Occupation
Event producer
I love my truck but had a weird experience driving home from Nashville to Atlanta.

The navigation scheduled a charging stop in Calhoun, Ga at 100kw + station. 5 miles before I got to it, after being on the screen as 3 green lightning bolts the entire trip, it disappeared off the screen.

There were no stations within 30 miles and we ran to zero before we found a charger that charged at 13mph.

It was 2am and freezing cold so we had to Uber the last hour home. I called a rivian and they said they will look into it. Hoping they reimburse me the $300 it’s gonna cost to pay Uber to take us home and then take me back to the truck tomorrow.

hope no one else driving thru georgia has the same issu

lesson learned to triple check the charger is real, working and available.

have had lots of electrify America charging stations not working lately.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
I almost always check my charging stops on Plugshare ahead of time and route based on recent check-ins there. It is unfortunate that we need to take that step every time, but the alternatives are unpleasant.

vilhelm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had a similar experience in Cleveland Ohio. Fortunately I was still in range of an electrify America.

In my case, the navigation tried to direct me to a station at a private company behind a locked gate.

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
As a fellow GA resident who has been on a few roadtrips in my R1T: Plugshare, Plugshare, PlugShare.

Go into PlugShare settings, turn off tesla superchargers And set minimum kwh to 50 and go for it.

And road tripping an EV at this point in time requires careful pre-planning, every trip. One day it won’t, but today it does. You need to look at the Electric America reviews and read if they are working, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RT 1
Occupation
Event producer
As a fellow GA resident who has been on a few roadtrips in my R1T: Plugshare, Plugshare, PlugShare.

Go into PlugShare settings, turn off tesla superchargers And set minimum kwh to 50 and go for it.

And road tripping an EV at this point in time requires careful pre-planning, every trip. One day it won’t, but today it does. You need to look at the Electric America reviews and read if they are working, etc.
thank you all for this feedback. I really appreciate it. Plug Share downloaded.