First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
A friend of mine - Israeli transplant to the bay area - was a total Musk fan, primarily because of his history as a “world-class entrepreneur” (his words). I wouldn’t call him a Stan, but he was as close as possible without being an asshat about it.

About a year ago, I told him I wouldn’t buy a new Tesla because I refused to support the hateful BS spewing from his mouth on Tweeter. He was aghast that I would be so blasphemous to our Silicon Valley demigod.

Then he started paying attention to what Musk was saying, and started to soften a bit. I haven’t talked to him about it since the war started but am sure his transformation is complete.

TL;DR - some people can be reached, but sometimes it takes incredibly painful and personal message to get through.
Some people have trouble seeing truth... until truth hits "home" and become personal.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yeah it really wasn’t meant to be that deep but I’d double down on it. Ignoring his lineage would actually only better serve to absolve him further. I think most people got it. The FL dig doesn’t hurt at all as I don’t typically align. I’m actually from CO and am well versed on wishing Californians home.
Well despite my current state, I'm a Florida boy through and through. My offer still stands for a beer or bourbon at Santos Fat Tire Festival, come on up!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Or give him a different post that doesn't involve having his hands on the steering wheel. He reminds me of Steve Jobs when Jobs was younger. Difference is Jobs had the depth of intelligence and humility necessary to "grow up".
Jobs was a maniac also, but he at least was just a maniac focused on his work. Elon is toxic and sucks all the oxygen out of the building. Give him the antagonistic title of ”Chief Remote Work Asshole” and keep him off the property.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I think what Elon did for EVs and the planet is incredible. Before Tesla hardly anyone talked about EVs, Solar etc. Just one man has changed our planet and perhaps the course of humanity. He is very very intelligent.

However, his hubris will cost him everything. He seems to be in a very self destructive place. I just hope he doesn't take the planet down with him.

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

You can't say polarizing things like that as a company leader. You shouldnt hold those views to start with but if you do, as a public figure, keep them to yourself. He has an obligation to all of his employees of all of his companies to keep their jobs and futures healthy.

Being the top of any company is a responsibility and using your platform to be a messenger boy for Stormfront isn't a great look. I know I've defended Elon in the past over his free speech but I can't support agreeing with statements like this. I support his right to say them but he is wrong for believing that.
Many would say leaders of state would share some of the same responsibilities, but that seems to have gone down the drain in the past decade

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Well despite my current state, I'm a Florida boy through and through. My offer still stands for a beer or bourbon at Santos Fat Tire Festival, come on up!
Nice try Floridaman

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
This Californian does not want him back. I wonder if the inevitable debacle that is the Cybertruck rollout will eventually be his undoing.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Maybe you can clarify. Elon musk isn’t black. And he is South African Boar/Afrikaner. Perhaps we send him back to Canada, less touchy for you?
I prefer sending him to Russia.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Money and power corrupt! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Elon is a scary MF! With his money, his power and increasingly warped mind he presents another potentially serious danger to the rest of us. Sound familiar?

Just look at what he did with Starlink in the Ukraine situation. He was a really positive force, until he wasn’t. Or, how about his irrational Twitter escapade? Or, how about the dominant position of SpaceEx in space exploration and utilization? What happens when he decides to pull some shenanigans with SpaceEx?! Who knows what sort of BS he will come up with next? He is in a position, on multiple fronts, to inflict some serious pain to this planet, with the misuse of his business ventures and sick ideology. It’s sad that Elon has been, historically, such a force for good, but now seems to be heading down the rabbit hole of evil. One has to wonder what his legacy will be.

I do appreciate RJ and his apparent humanity and commitment to the positive!

Last edited:

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Jobs was a maniac also, but he at least was just a maniac focused on his work. Elon is toxic and sucks all the oxygen out of the building. Give him the antagonistic title of ”Chief Remote Work Asshole” and keep him off the property.
Jobs was indeed a maniac and a huge a-hole. But he evolved, more and more as he came to grips with his own mortality. Something life changing would have to happen to Musk, to increase the odds of him reconsidering his ways.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
This Californian does not want him back. I wonder if the inevitable debacle that is the Cybertruck rollout will eventually be his undoing.
It won't. It will just be a blip. Once Giga Mexico is up and running, along with the much rumored even more affordable sub-M3 new model, it'll be the investor darling once again... and everyone looks away from his gaffs. The company has too much momentum and footprint to flame out just because of one flop. Just look at the big three and how many flops they've had.

Last edited:

GhostAndSkater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bycicle
I will give a small suggestion, that everyone should take for every scenario in life, go look at the source instead of reading an article or news reel of "someone said something"

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I used to like Tesla, never owned one. Over the years I grew very tired of their crap and especially his. The last few years just made me happy to never have given him any money. I have driven a Model3 and I am glad I never bought that junk, just terrible.

Tesla may have been first but they won't be last.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Jobs was indeed a maniac and a huge a-hole. But he evolved, more and more as he came to grips with his own mortality. Something life changing would have to happen to Musk, to increase the odds of him reconsidering his ways.
There are plenty of CEOs that are complete a-holes. I'm sure many have some horrible beliefs that would make me appalled, but they aren't publicly promoting their ideas and amplifying the worst people.

Elon is free to think whatever he wants. However, as one of the most powerful and influential people in the world, now that he is amplifying really hateful stuff to millions of people, he needs to be removed from Tesla and SpaceX. If not, they deserve to face serious backlash from customers and from the broader public.

The same goes for anyone with so much power who chooses amplify hatred.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
There are plenty of CEOs that are complete a-holes. I'm sure many have some horrible beliefs that would make me appalled, but they aren't publicly promoting their ideas and amplifying the worst people.

Elon is free to think whatever he wants. However, as one of the most powerful and influential people in the world, now that he is amplifying really hateful stuff to millions of people, he needs to be removed from Tesla and SpaceX. If not, they deserve to face serious backlash from customers and from the broader public.

The same goes for anyone with so much power who chooses amplify hatred.
Elon confuses freedom of speech with freedom from consequences. He thinks he can have both
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.