OP
Zeusy Zeus

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Because Rivian typically doesn’t wrap edges, and it’ll probably look weird with a stealth wrap if you don’t wrap the edges.

With regular PPF you won’t really notice those issues unless you look hard for them, so it’s probably ok to let Rivian do their thing and save a couple bucks.

Getting it stealth wrapped after delivery by a reputable shop will also likely cost more, but it’ll include a better warranty.
Alright then good to know. I looked into the warranty says 10 years so probably good enough. Yeah didn’t notice any major issues with edges at-least none that stood out for me. Saving $5k prob more worth it.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My friend went through the same thing. White R1S and he ended up going gloss. He had it installed through Xpel and they did a great job.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I think you are ignoring a great opportunity to zig while everyone else is zagging. NO ONE has bedazzled their Rivian yet.

1716134136674-9l.jpg
you first!......LOL

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Here’s my thought. From reading reports and looking at photos of delivered trucks, the factory PPF does not seem to wrap edges all the way. The is may not be as relevant for a clear wrap but it can be an issue for stealth wraps since the color distinct is more dramatic between matte and gloss when the edges of the wrap eventually lifts (this happens to even the best edge wrapped application and will likely happen more for pre-cut kits Rivian is using). Another thing to note is the local certified shop will have 10 - 12 yr warranty on their PPF vs 5 for Rivian and without the hassle of trying to get a service call.
This is exactly the reason we went with a 3rd party detailer.....he wrapped the edge so the curling wouldn't happen.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

How about none --- what a waste of resources !!!!
Because it will help protect the paint from chipping (especially the front). The wrap we got has UV protection so it will slow down the fading. I know it is an adventure vehicle and should be driven like that, but the more paint and body protection the better.

aim2023

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S. Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Thinking of getting the Stealth wrap on El Cap Granite as well - if done through Rivian, do I get a loan car? Assuming it will take 5-7 days? Can anyone advise who's done this?

waveroamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e, Polestar 2, Mini Countryman
Clubs

Thinking of getting the Stealth wrap on El Cap Granite as well - if done through Rivian, do I get a loan car? Assuming it will take 5-7 days? Can anyone advise who's done this?
Rivian does not do wrap in house, only at the factory. You'll maybe want to look into certified Xpel shops, which offers longer warranty and likely better quality work too.

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

When was the free wrap deal done do we know? Or are you just paying for this now?
Here is revised pricing plus free stealth wrap available today.

Stack that with 20% pre-order discount and even better if you qualify for the extra trade in credit.

Rivian R1T R1S Help me decide between Gloss White and XPEL Stealth White Wrap img_1491-

Rivian R1T R1S Help me decide between Gloss White and XPEL Stealth White Wrap img_1490-

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Another con on wraps in general, PDR is not feasible if there is no access to the back side of the dent. The film would have to be removed and replaced.

waveroamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e, Polestar 2, Mini Countryman
Clubs

Another con on wraps in general, PDR is not feasible if there is no access to the back side of the dent. The film would have to be removed and replaced.
This is actually a great point, I've had vehicle PPF'd where I had to reapply a whole panel due to its location. Paint correction of scratches done every few years or so can be an effective remediation strategy too. I think the best combo is something like front coverage for rock chips and do paint correction for the remainder of the car for swirls or other imperfections.

Hayseed_MS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Had rock dent and they removed the wrap and fixed the dent and put a new piece of film. Cannot tell there was ever a dent.

I have a few spots where rocks hit and took a chip out of the PPF but not the paint underneath. Too large to self heal. Since it is gloss, you cannot see it because the paint is glossy just like all the rest of the car. With matte I would have a glossy dot in a sea of matte.
Sponsored