First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec
There have been many threads about the @RealWheelsEV Horn Upgrade. The horn can be purchased here.

Attached are some real good instructions that go with it in addition to the video on the RealWheelsEV website.

Here's the before:

Here's the after:

The instructions recommend two people to help remove the tub, but one person can do it (I didn't have anyone around to help) if you grab from the middle.
Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_9635 2

Here's the inside of frunk area of the Rivian with the tub removed. Once the trims are removed, there are 8 bolts that need to be removed and two LED wire connectors that need to be unplugged and the tub comes out.

Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_9621 2.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_9623 2.JPG

The difference with the passenger kit is the additional extension cable (top).

Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_9624 2.JPG

To access the passenger side wheel well it's recommended to turn the steering wheel all the way to the right. There are 6 torx bolts in the wheel well that need to be undone to reveal the passenger side horn.

Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_9625 3

Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_9626 2.JPG

Finally, here's a short video that shows how to connect the upgraded horn on the driver side with the provided extension cable to the passenger side factory horn.

Enjoy!

Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_9635.JPG
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Cte515

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Medical Device Sales
Clubs

Ordered mine last week and should be delivered any day, thank you for posting!

Brad Foster

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Slum Lord
Installed mine last week, its siiiiick! Great upgrade to the shitty horn that Rivian used. Install wasn't too hard. I was a little intimidated at first, but wasn't too bad and took about an hour & fifteen minutes from start to finish. I did have to chase my dog who decided to stop watching me do the install and wander off so maybe it was just an hour... I had to call Cory as I had a few questions and he was super helpful and walked me through them (while he was at a trade show.)

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec

Sponsored

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
Installed mine last week, its siiiiick! Great upgrade to the shitty horn that Rivian used. Install wasn't too hard. I was a little intimidated at first, but wasn't too bad and took about an hour & fifteen minutes from start to finish. I did have to chase my dog who decided to stop watching me do the install and wander off so maybe it was just an hour... I had to call Cory as I had a few questions and he was super helpful and walked me through them (while he was at a trade show.)
It’s loud for sure! My 9 year old gets embarrassed when I use it. Could be intimidating if someone is not expecting it 😁

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
There have been many threads about the @RealWheelsEV Horn Upgrade. The horn can be purchased here.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the write up, photos, and video Dan! Great addition showing exactly where the horn is located and how to gain access to it.

We will get an install video for the passenger side version on the next one that rolls through here, but I think the last 10+ have all been driver or dual horn versions. Did one today that sounds awesome, but it was also drivers side.

The lot was looking good with the Rivians today, and a bonus Hummer EV thrown in on the end.
Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_4313

The Amazon driver had to get in on the action too.😀
Rivian R1T R1S Horn Upgrade (Passenger Side) by RealWheelsEV -- install instructions, before & after video sound clips IMG_4315

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
Thanks for the write up, photos, and video Dan! Great addition showing exactly where the horn is located and how to gain access to it.

We will get an install video for the passenger side version on the next one that rolls through here, but I think the last 10+ have all been driver or dual horn versions. Did one today that sounds awesome, but it was also drivers side.
Wow, I didn’t even know there are dual horn ones. Really interesting given I believe all the new ones have passenger side.

I thought the main install video was quite good already and I just needed to add the passenger supplemental one. I suppose I could have done a full install video but would be duplicative.

Feel free to post mine on your website in the interim.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
@RealWheelsEV, any plans to make similar near-plug-n-play kits for frunk and under-dash 12V? The frunk one would be a good one to sell with horn kits (since folks will have the frunk tub out anyway). Also, replied to your PM.

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow, I didn’t even know there are dual horn ones. Really interesting given I believe all the new ones have passenger side.

I thought the main install video was quite good already and I just needed to add the passenger supplemental one. I suppose I could have done a full install video but would be duplicative.

Feel free to post mine on your website in the interim.
I’ll see what I can do to get it posted with the other video. Thanks!

Sponsored

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@RealWheelsEV, any plans to make similar near-plug-n-play kits for frunk and under-dash 12V? The frunk one would be a good one to sell with horn kits (since folks will have the frunk tub out anyway). Also, replied to your PM.
No plans on the table currently, but I think it’s a great idea. I’ll bring it up and see what we can do.

Also, replied to your PM.
Thanks!

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Great detail - thanks for posting. My realwheelsev horn is still doing great after installing a couple of months ago. No regrets at all.

Cte515

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Medical Device Sales
Clubs

My 9 year old and I installed the horn upgrade with passenger side kit today. We knocked it out and when we tried it…. The 6 year old came out of the house and said “WHAT WAS THAT!?!?”

Success!!!!

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 9 year old and I installed the horn upgrade with passenger side kit today. We knocked it out and when we tried it…. The 6 year old came out of the house and said “WHAT WAS THAT!?!?”

Success!!!!
I love seeing this! So awesome to turn it into a project with your 9 year old. Then to have your 6 year old notice after you’re done makes it even better.
Thanks again for the order!

Cte515

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Medical Device Sales
Clubs

I love seeing this! So awesome to turn it into a project with your 9 year old. Then to have your 6 year old notice after you’re done makes it even better.
Thanks again for the order!
A R1S actually stopped by when we were working in our driveway and asked what we were doing. I said just finishing upgrading the horn, want to listen?

“Oh damn……..thats legit….. I need that……”
Sponsored