Sponsored

How do you lock when in RTT? (Hit and run)

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@jjswan33 I spoke too soon about my better half approving the RTT, she's back on the fence. Reason #37 I DESPISE RV PARKS: we just had a hit run while IN the RTT. Thankfully the bike rack took the damage, but the grander issue is nothing was caught by Gear Guard Gary because we didn't lock the truck.

What do y'all other Rivian RTTers or bedcampers do to lock it if you're up in the tent? We were concerned about setting off the alarm by rolling around in the night, and I'm a light sleeper so I wasn't worried about any theft...Yet here we are.

PXL_20230606_052035112~2.jpg

It's definitely locked now, I'll report if we accidently set off the alarm.
I think there's a setting where you can turn the alarm off?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I don't condone the "run" part of that "hit". But I do kinda understand how the "hit" could have occurred. That bike rack would not be very visible in the dark. It might save you some headache, in the future, if you get some cones with reflective tape that you can put a few feet behind your vehicle.
There are numerous other trucks and rigs and other things near the edge of the gravel in the park, the roads are one way and wide, no reason others need to change their behavior for bad driving. My future prevention method is Not to go near those places ever again. Park far away in lots, camp in the woods off the roads. Avoid Floridians.

We found the damaged car this morning. Highway patrol came to do a report (didn't come last night bc they were busy with a 7-car multi-fatality accident down the way) and said no one can "prove anything" despite eyewitness accounts by workers at a campfire nearby of her pulling out, hitting a rock, driving out with a clunking sound, and back with a flat tire. She claimed she was sleeping all night and the same person hit them.

The broken pieces I found that didn't come from my rack matched her broken bumper trim holder. There's no question what happened, it's about ensuring the insurance and rental car company get real facts and not their fake account. I've passed everything I could, they wouldn't provide any information and I need to prove "more than $1500 in damage" to get the cops to do anything. Cop wouldn't give me any of their info until I can do that. Thanks, Montana.

Rental car manager got the pics and my info, and will be contacting me for more information after they speak with the driver(s).

Rivian R1T R1S How do you lock when in RTT? (Hit and run) PXL_20230606_155731685

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Okay, I tried Google, but I've got no idea what "RTT"means in this context, can someone clue me in?
Don't feel bad, as someone who's never used an RTT, and only seen them in-person a handful of times in my life (just not popular in my area, I guess) it took me a while to figure that out, as well.

The Venn diagram of Rivian owners + RTT owners is probably pretty close, however. Must be all these folks from Colorado. 😉

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Glad your truck wasn't damaged and sorry for the rack.

If this ever happens to me, and GG Gary captures it, I promise to post video to this forum of me running down the road in my skivvies, shaking my fists!
“And stay off my lawn!”

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
There are numerous other trucks and rigs and other things near the edge of the gravel in the park, the roads are one way and wide, no reason others need to change their behavior for bad driving. My future prevention method is Not to go near those places ever again. Park far away in lots, camp in the woods off the roads. Avoid Floridians.

We found the damaged car this morning. Highway patrol came to do a report (didn't come last night bc they were busy with a 7-car multi-fatality accident down the way) and said no one can "prove anything" despite eyewitness accounts by workers at a campfire nearby of her pulling out, hitting a rock, driving out with a clunking sound, and back with a flat tire. She claimed she was sleeping all night and the same person hit them.

The broken pieces I found that didn't come from my rack matched her broken bumper trim holder. There's no question what happened, it's about ensuring the insurance and rental car company get real facts and not their fake account. I've passed everything I could, they wouldn't provide any information and I need to prove "more than $1500 in damage" to get the cops to do anything. Cop wouldn't give me any of their info until I can do that. Thanks, Montana.

Rental car manager got the pics and my info, and will be contacting me for more information after they speak with the driver(s).

PXL_20230606_155731685.jpg
Bummer. Gotta be somewhat happy they didn't hit the truck. My money is on too much booze.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Glad your truck wasn't damaged and sorry for the rack.

If this ever happens to me, and GG Gary captures it, I promise to post video to this forum of me running down the road in my skivvies, shaking my fists!
I was really hoping for security camera footage just to see that and play some AFHV music to it.