Ineos Grenadier drive event

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
And it uses and old school ignition key, not a FOB😁 I placed a deposit as well.
Ya, you'll be sitting it for a minute waiting for the car to start itself. You will also park the car and walk away thinking the car will turn itself off and lock the doors. This is what happend to me after driving an ICE car after driving the Rivian a few weeks.
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Here's one-it drives like a bus.
on-road steering feels like standing in a bucket of wallpaper paste but once you get used to it steering improves to a bucket of warm tobacco spit.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Oh I agree if you are going on a safari or something or driving through a desert I would take this all day over the Rivian. I was wondering if the people buying this are actually doing stuff like that.
Most of them will use it like they use the Gwagon.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I love the old LR style. I've lusted after the old LR Def forever. I wasn't old enough to get one back home and they werent avaiable here, when I was banished. I tried to console myself with RR but we all know it's not the same. These look smart. Very tempting. I've said it before-I pray the R2 goes more towards that classic style. It probably wont happen but one can wish.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Love the 1960's era look.. not a road trip vehicle or maybe not even a daily driver.. but for off road or off the grid adventures it should be special!!

Congrats in advance to The Count and Countess on their purchase!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Most people have already heard the news from multiple media outlets but in case you missed it, The Count announced his Grenadier was offloaded this week at Port Baltimore along with several crates of native soil.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Most people have already heard the news from multiple media outlets but in case you missed it, The Count announced his Grenadier was offloaded this week at Port Baltimore along with several crates of native soil.
How does Count feel about his prized new steed having to touch Baltimore air before arriving at his compound in God's country?

They haven't heard of helicopters?

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
How does Count feel about his prized new steed having to touch Baltimore air before arriving at his compound in God's country?

They haven't heard of helicopters?
The Air in God's County cures all. BTW, the "free" wall charger RIVN sent The Count is being installed on the outside of the new global headquarters. Free for all who can fin it.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The Air in God's County cures all. BTW, the "free" wall charger RIVN sent The Count is being installed on the outside of the new global headquarters. Free for all who can fin it.
I will look for the crocodile filled moat and drawbridge. Although this sounds like a trap...I don't want to end up being hunted for sport.🤔

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
For those that are curious. Ineos is definitely an acquired taste and I love it so far. All the reviews on it on youtube is accurate. It has a wide turning radius, old school offroad steering ratio so it is decent on highways but not what you'd call a highway cruiser. Overall love it but it does have some interesting quirks which I am happy to share with those that are interested. And yes, you will walk away from it and forget to lock it... as well as stand next to it for a hot minute before you realize it doesnt auto-unlock.

Rivian R1T R1S Ineos Grenadier drive event IMG_2756

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Taking delivery s00n... but The Count won't be driving the Royal R1S to pick up the Grenny.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
For those that are curious. Ineos is definitely an acquired taste and I love it so far. All the reviews on it on youtube is accurate. It has a wide turning radius, old school offroad steering ratio so it is decent on highways but not what you'd call a highway cruiser. Overall love it but it does have some interesting quirks which I am happy to share with those that are interested. And yes, you will walk away from it and forget to lock it... as well as stand next to it for a hot minute before you realize it doesnt auto-unlock.

IMG_2756.jpg
how's the first month been?

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
how's the first month been?
Very good so far and have logged 1K miles on it. Did have couple of issues:
1. Rodents got into the engine bay some how and chewed up electrical wires. $$ but what can you do. Dealership did great job fixing it but not under warranty as you can imagine.

2. Passenger window control stopped working. Windows work from driver side master controls so I am assuming it is a connection issue with passenger control.

3. Strange thumping noise when braking. Very quiet thump but it is annoying. It isnt a mechanical sound so I need to dig around and see what is causing it

4. The overspeed warning is the most annoying thing ever. I disable it every time I start the car, otherwise every time you are a few miles over posted speed limit you get a clicking warning about over speed. The disabling of the warning resets each time you start the car so I have now mapped it to my "Fav" button to get to the selection faster :)

I am chalking my issues up to typical first production hiccups (minus the mouse issue). Overall very pleased with the car (even with its super wide turn radius) and a good gas backup to the Rivians we have.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
This thing is pretty amazing. It is as if The Count's former FJ62 had a throuple with his 911 and R1S.

Rivian R1T R1S Ineos Grenadier drive event maFtp1q

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

This thing is pretty amazing. It is as if The Count's former FJ62 had a throuple with his 911 and R1S.

maFtp1q.jpeg
Queen’s Red is my favorite Grenadier color. What’s your build sheet/option list look like?
Sponsored