John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad motor CR 2021 Tesla Model Y Perf
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

When I get in my truck, my iPhone always goes to the highest ringtone level. I lower it on the phone, and almost instantly, it goes back to max. I currently have an iPhone 15 Pro Max. It did it with my iPhone 14 Pro Max as well. I think I have had this problem since I purchased the truck in May of last year. I have had this problem with both IOS 16, and IOS 17.

I am curious if anyone else has had this, and a possible solution.
Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

When I get in my truck, my iPhone always goes to the highest ringtone level. I lower it on the phone, and almost instantly, it goes back to max. I currently have an iPhone 15 Pro Max. It did it with my iPhone 14 Pro Max as well. I think I have had this problem since I purchased the truck in May of last year. I have had this problem with both IOS 16, and IOS 17.

Yes its BT connection to R1 so that R1 controls the output to the speaker.

When your IPh disconnects to Rivian BT, it will return to your setting.

Just happens to be the Rivian implementation. Most device do not control the volume so that you can change volume from iPh or connected.

OP
OP
Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

The Rivian is controlling the volume on my phone. When I leave the truck, my volume on my phone stays at the highest level. It scares the crap out of my wife when someone calls me, either when I am in the truck or after I leave.

Imitation Vinyl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, R1T
The incoming ring scares me as well. It’s so loud. Does anyone have a solve for it?

OtterJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tundra Limited

My Lightning does this...no solution that I've found. I just adjust the volume manually when I get back into the house. Annoying, but there are worse things. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

If the same issue is affecting Rivian and Lightnings, that sounds like an iOS issue. I will work on sending the issue to Apple.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I just looked at my phone settings and the ringer is at about 40% where I have it set. The phone has been used with both Rivian and Tesla with the Tesla being the last one. I don’t know if that changes things and I am thousands of miles away from the Rivian right now.
Sponsored