Sponsored

Keeping Roof Sun Shade in Place?

ESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Seems a lot of the shades look identical. Are we dealing with one MFG and vendors private labeling. The BestEvmod looks good and has good reviews but doesn't look like they have the rear shade available. Just check again and item is not in stock.
Sponsored

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C8 ZO6, Tacoma, Arcimoto
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
Add me to the list. Returned two sets purchased on Amazon for the same issue.

I added the darkest and best tint available and it's still a cooker. Doesn't help that the AC is underpowered. I am not looking forward to this summer. Rivian really needs to make a good and proper sunshade.
Damn..hate to hear that. Was thinking about doing the same. Did you do the windshield too?

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
I have the one from EVsportline. Came with clips and a tool to install it. I have been using it without the clips and it works great. Stayed in place all of last summer.

Mmcg330

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Cadillac Escalade, BMW 750Li
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

randyc

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S
I have the one from EVsportline. Came with clips and a tool to install it. I have been using it without the clips and it works great. Stayed in place all of last summer.
I've only had my R1S for a week and a shade is definitely needed since I park outside in FL (roof measured 165 deg. F one afternoon). Did you use the suction cup and magnet to keep the sag to a minimum?

Sponsored

k3g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Robotics
For my R1T, I have the Abstract Ocean one, and it stays put just fine, even with the windows open. It definitely made a nice difference on a mid-summer road trip through the desert last summer!

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
I've only had my R1S for a week and a shade is definitely needed since I park outside in FL (roof measured 165 deg. F one afternoon). Did you use the suction cup and magnet to keep the sag to a minimum?
Mine was an early model that came with no suction cup. Stays in place just fine.

Mmcg330

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Cadillac Escalade, BMW 750Li
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

I tried to purchase one from EVBase and they were sold out. I inquired about when they will be expecting more and here was their reply

The Rivian Roof Sunshade , need to be optimized , and can be available in the near future .
Best wishes

Sponsored

Oyabro

First Name
Oury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S, El Cap, Forest Edge, 20's
Occupation
Fixing technical things for simple people