Sponsored

Long distance trip in R1S. Big shout out to RAN

RDMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

We just completed our trip from the Inland Empire region of SoCal to Sedona, AZ and back. We took our R1S QM with 21’s.

With exceptions to traffic, in city driving, and on/off ramps, we stayed in Conserve mode. Range was estimated at 336m. Fan set at 1-2 speed taking in outside air or A/c.

I am happy to report it is an accurate range. The Rivian Adventure Network in Quartzite AZ is excellent with 6 chargers, one of which can accommodate a trailer! Charge cost 0.36/kwh.

Because of the elevation change to Sedona, a second charge was recommended outside Phoenix which was Electrify America 0.48/kwH. This was also good and located next to a Walmart. Great charging options in Sedona as well. On the return we only needed the one stop in Quartzite.

I am very impressed with the RAN for its ease of use and thoughtful touches such as accommodating trailers. The EA ones we used didn't.

Overall the trip planning and charging by the Rivian software was very accurate and clear when it was conditioning the battery for fast charging. This is only going to get easier as more infrastructure arrives but I’m quite pleased with what has been set up in this area
Sponsored

EastSider

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyouta Tacoma, Zero DS
Occupation
Writer/photographer
Sounds like a nice trip. Which battery do you have, and how long did it take to charge at the RAN?