Sponsored

Lost $20,000 of equity in 5000 miles 🤯 No way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
You don't understand equity. It is hard to have a discussion if the definition of equity is so flawed. I simply asked you go figure that out, and then we could have a good adult conversation.
I'm quoting folks here...the discussion of how much "equity" they have. Not my definition, Holy he**. Some grumpy folks on this forum.
Sponsored

AmerikanMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Executive
Okay - I couldn't help myself........ I mean is there a more ridiculous post than "Hey early Rivian buyers, you don't have any equity in your purchase".......?

As I see it, I'm starting with $16,780.00 in equity........... but as CharonPDX says.... only flippers really care.

I'm gonna drive my equity-machine around with pride.... and throw some choice scratches and battle scars on it for good measure!

Rivian R1T R1S Lost $20,000 of equity in 5000 miles 🤯 No way... Rivian1

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I'm quoting folks here...the discussion of how much "equity" they have. Not my definition, Holy he**. Some grumpy folks on this forum.
Not your definition, but you're using faulty data.

Combined with the fact that *nobody buys a daily driver car for equity*

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
All first model-year vehicles suffer an early hit as there is no precedent set for trade-in value, so these companies make extra-low offers in hopes they can make a buck while the customer can't refute the offer with things like KBB, NADA, etc.

Sponsored

Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt on your previous posts, thinking you were genuinely debating whether an early model was the right choice for you.

But this clearly shows that you really are just trolling. Officially just made my very short ignore list.
Agree.

I have seen other posts by @Gsxr150. It shows, you are on the fence, within next few days you got to jump, and you have already decided which side to, why not ask straight ahead for an opinion instead of creating these demoralizing posts?

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Your title is wrong. It should say I lost 3k in equity because your friend only paid 80k. No one is paying 100k right now, just another horrific topic created to cause an uproar. Using Driveway to claim loss of value is just pathetic, I get flyers all the time about buying my house, that isn't the street price it is the price they want to pay so they can turn a profit quickly.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Ok I will bite. Yes I do by vehicles heavily looking at the depreciation factor hence the Lotus and Hummer "which have done quite well." The Rivian in 5 years will be worth less money yes its a new electric vehicle from a new company and technology is changing very rapidly. Now go look up Teslas first disaster of a car it is skyrocketing 😉 in value right now. Now this is why I was heavily considering the Ram TRX next model year will be the last hellcat everything is going electric the next year TRX may hold its value very well for the next 10 years. All that being said now that I have my truck I don't really care if its worth $5000 next year its amazing and I don't plan on selling it.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Okay, I just noticed that OP is the same as created the also "pot stirring" thread "
Broken tonneau, cracked roofs, pooling water, keys not working....taking delivery now seems like a joke."

Putting on ignore list - this is pure pot stirring trolling at this point. Not a serious attempt to debate or learn.
I responded to the thread, and then saw who posted it. It seems like every few days he posts something trying to get a reaction. Now on my ignore list also.

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
Your title is wrong. It should say I lost 3k in equity because your friend only paid 80k. No one is paying 100k right now, just another horrific topic created to cause an uproar. Using Driveway to claim loss of value is just pathetic, I get flyers all the time about buying my house, that isn't the street price it is the price they want to pay so they can turn a profit quickly.
Exactly plus in the US the sales tax amount is an instant loss on any resell number. Since its not included in the MSRP up front its removed from the resale value too.

Status
Not open for further replies.