Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

This weekend I installed the CCR Sport Hybrid Rack so that I would have a wheel-chock and additional tie-downs for motorcycle transport. I then tested it immediately as we made a 200+ mile trip down to Austin and back to pick up a new Ducati Scrambler for a friend. The installation was simple (with proper preparation) and it really did make loading the bike easier and I felt more comfortable not having the bike pulled up against the front wall of the bed.

Before starting, I removed the trim covers and bolts from the top of the front wall of the bed. There are also some metal "cups" under the bolts as well. The covers and the bolts were stored in case I ever want to revert to a clean bed, but the metal "cups" will be reused.

I also purchased the following for the project:
Of course I stared by measuring (twice) and drilling out holes for the stock bolts in the bed. I started with a center punch, followed by a 1/8" bit and then a 5/16" bit to give me a little wiggle room to make mounting a little easier
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0335.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0337.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0338.JPG

Next (and sadly, I didn't get any photos of this part), I stacked all of the hardware on the rack (bolt, washer, rack, spacer, "cup") and used a drop of hot glue to hold the cups to the spacers, and hold the spacers onto the bolts. This turned out to be the most invaluable part as I was then able to take the entire rack, with all of it's hardware, out and manipulate it into place without having to try to balance all of the hardware, or stack everything up one bolt at a time. Right before I started to line up the rail and bolts, I put a drop of blue thread-lock on each of the bolts and went to work on the final installation.

Honestly, as soon as I got the first bolt into place, every other bolt lined up perfectly, so it was very quick and easy to finish up with all of my advance prep work. And of course, the tonneau cover clears it perfectly as expected.
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0344.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0342.JPG

Mounting the hardware was simple and everything can be adjusted quickly if necessary.
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0346.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0347.JPG

While we didn't use the tie-downs on the rack (we used the built-in tie-downs instead), it was nice to know that they were there, and I will likely use them next time and reserve the ones in the bed for tying down the ramps. And the main thing I wanted more than anything else was for the rack to bear the load of the front tire, instead of the front wall itself, and that was completely successful. Once we had everything tied down, the front wheel of the bike didn't touch the front wall of the bed at all.
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0357.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0355.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0361.JPG

I hope someone finds this helpful as it was an enjoyable project, but more importantly, I feel like I've unlocked some additional functionality out of the truck.

Lastly, because I suspect someone will ask, I used a ramp not dissimilar to this one that I bought used. It's really nice because it breaks down into the three separate "tracks" and can be loaded up easily on either side of the bike. In fact, the two side tracks fit in the gear tunnel, and then we just tied down the middle ramp as two parts on either side of the bike. Our trip really couldn't have gone more smoothly.
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0351.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Motorcycle Transport setup with CCRSport Hybrid Rack (Installation Process) IMG_0358.JPG
Sponsored

Rexbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

this is nearly identical to my setup... but I used black unistrut instead. Works like a charm!

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Super helpful. I came here to ask the very question of how you loaded up the bike.

Lovely bike too.

cgm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Cadillac ATS-V, SRT Viper, Kawasaki ZX-14R
Very, very nice!

I have an R1S since an enclosed cargo space far outweighed my need for a truck bed, but this is one application I really would have gotten a lot of use out of as a motorcycle rider. I've purchased quite a few motorcycles many states away from me and while renting a ramp trailer from U-Haul is pretty simple, this is way, way better. Being able to get the bike into the bed at a moments notice and forgo the inconvenience of renting a trailer is such a huge benefit. Plus, you're not dragging a trailer behind you which gives you better efficiency and easier access to chargers.

Glad to see that the R1T's relatively small bed has plenty of function for stuff like this. Also, being able to stash most of your ramp in the gear tunnel is a huge bonus.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kacey3

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Will those tracks fit in the gear tunnel?
So the ramp breaks down into several parts. When we packed up the ramp, we removed the two side ramps (single track ramps on their own) and they both fit in the gear tunnel together. The center portion then ends up being the two separate pieces, and those we just tied down in the bed.

So while the side ramps fit in the gear tunnel, I think next time I would just tie down half of the ramp on either side of the bike (one side ramp and half of the center span).

(Gosh I hope that makes sense since I don't really have names for all of the parts of the ramp.)

OP
OP
Kacey3

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Super helpful. I came here to ask the very question of how you loaded up the bike.

Lovely bike too.
The photo of the ramp on the truck is from my driveway. When we picked up the bike, we lucked out and the seller had a steep hill for a driveway. Once we had the ramp setup and secure, it was literally a walk in the park to load up the bike.

Literally, my friend who was buying the bike turned away to fill out some paperwork an when she turned back, I was already strapping the bike down in the bed of the truck. If we didn't have that convenient hill, it was going to take both of us to push it up the ramp.

I'm also a little jealous of my friend because it is a lovely bike, but it's not mine. 😅

OP
OP
Kacey3

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Very, very nice!

I have an R1S since an enclosed cargo space far outweighed my need for a truck bed, but this is one application I really would have gotten a lot of use out of as a motorcycle rider. I've purchased quite a few motorcycles many states away from me and while renting a ramp trailer from U-Haul is pretty simple, this is way, way better. Being able to get the bike into the bed at a moments notice and forgo the inconvenience of renting a trailer is such a huge benefit. Plus, you're not dragging a trailer behind you which gives you better efficiency and easier access to chargers.

Glad to see that the R1T's relatively small bed has plenty of function for stuff like this. Also, being able to stash most of your ramp in the gear tunnel is a huge bonus.
This is, in fact, 100% why I bought the R1T. I had a Subaru before and hated hauling trailers, so I knew when I replaced the old Subaru, I would be buying a truck, but I also wanted an EV (or at least a hybrid). I, in fact, measured the bed of the R1T several times before committing myself to it because I wanted to be more than certain that my motorcycles would fit. Seven seats would have been nice, but more often than not, we just have one or two people in the truck, so the R1T suited us just fine.

OP
OP
Kacey3

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

this is nearly identical to my setup... but I used black unistrut instead. Works like a charm!
That definitely would have been cheaper, but I loved the convenience of the Moto accessories for the CCR Hybrid rail. I plan to move one of the tie-downs to the center to hook my dog's leash if I ever have to keep her in the bed of the truck.

ashnazg

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Leaf, Zero SR, Energica Experia, Honda NM4
Occupation
Software Developer
Glad to see a post like this. I have that same kind of split ramp (12'), and have been contemplating how to carry one of my bikes on it. I had assumed a floor stand wheel chock would be the only good way to center the bike, as I'd never seen anything like that rail-mount chock before.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kacey3

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Glad to see a post like this. I have that same kind of split ramp (12'), and have been contemplating how to carry one of my bikes on it. I had assumed a floor stand wheel chock would be the only good way to center the bike, as I'd never seen anything like that rail-mount chock before.
I had considered going with a floor stand, and it likely would have worked fine, but I really like how minimal this rail is. It won't hold the bike up alone like a floor stand would, but it definitely helps keep it stable and in place while you hook up all the tie-down straps.

azwcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Nice setup! I was originally going this route and even ordered the same CCS rack, but decided to cancel and went with the black widow chock instead. There are pros and cons to each. The black widow chock holds the bike up once its in the stand and I can get off the bike and attach tie downs later. OTOH, it's bulky and the front tire sits 5-6" from the wall. Also, I can't access the spare tire compartment when it's on. Fortunately, the Rivian has tons of storage and I don't need it, but would still be nice.

OP
OP
Kacey3

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Nice setup! I was originally going this route and even ordered the same CCS rack, but decided to cancel and went with the black widow chock instead.
I waffled between these same two options. My deciding factor was that I can keep the CCS Rack installed at all times an I never have to worry about having left the wheel chock at home. I can also use it for other things like bicycles or just as extra tie-downs. It would be nice if it held the bike up, but the tie-downs are so easy to reach, it's no sweat loading the bike and securing it while straddling it.
Sponsored