Sponsored

NathanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
I ordered a R1T last Thursday.
2 days later they introduce the sale about the tower tonneau for $500.

I asked my guide, and he told me I can't add it to the configuration I have.
In addition he told me it is "too late" to swap the vehicle .
He also push me to complete all the tasks to take delivery by the end of the month.

I wonder what should I do and how can I guarantee the getting the reduced price?
That is the replay I got:

Vehicles at this time arrive with no tonneau and will be retrofittable in the future. The pricing of the retrofit at this time is unknown.

If you find a vehicle in the Shop that has the wording tonneau in it, it may or may not arrive with one on it. If it has it, that'd be great! If not, you will be notified with an email on when we can get you scheduled in for an install.
Sponsored

NathanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Let us know how this goes, but my guess is no. It is a gimmick to sell trucks. If you bought one without then I'm guessing they won't, but would be great if they did.
I think the "worst case" would be to threaten to cancel the order.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I think the "worst case" would be to threaten to cancel the order.
If not in dire need of a new car, cancel. Get the reservation fee back. Then get back on for the refreshed R1 with latest and greatest (assuming purchase price will still be palatable). R1 being flagship line, repeated over and over by RJ, I don't foresee them allowing R2 to launch and surpass R1 in tech. Refreshed R1 will also likely have better AC performance 2nd-row and aft.

NathanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
They say the reservation fee is non refundable.

There is nothing you can do currently to secure the powered tonneau cover at this price as it is not available for purchase separately. If you'd like the powered tonneau and are not willing to wait, you can place another deposit and order a vehicle in the shop that has the powered tonneau cover, but you would lose the deposit you have on your current order.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Guess I’ll be a fool on Monday (April 1) when March goes by without a contact about fixing my broken tonneau.

Sponsored

Jimbydude

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2016 Honda Civic
They say the reservation fee is non refundable.

There is nothing you can do currently to secure the powered tonneau cover at this price as it is not available for purchase separately. If you'd like the powered tonneau and are not willing to wait, you can place another deposit and order a vehicle in the shop that has the powered tonneau cover, but you would lose the deposit you have on your current order.
I would this is quite defeatist and the threat of canceling may work wonders. Even losing the deposit would be a win since you'd get the Tonneau for far less than when the stop the $500. Worst your only $500 out of pocket!

NathanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
I would this is quite defeatist and the threat of canceling may work wonders. Even losing the deposit would be a win since you'd get the Tonneau for far less than when the stop the $500. Worst your only $500 out of pocket!
Eventually they let me change the order without paying extra.
However the colour that I wanted wasn’t available (El Cap granite and ocean coast interior)
I decided to take delivery without the power tonneau and see what will be the retrofit cost
Sponsored