Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Our powered tonneau cover is now available on select R1T configurations and priced at $500. Shop our available configurations that typically deliver in just 1–4 weeks.

Interesting…
Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Nice! I could have sworn I saw someone mention availability earlier this week with the listed up charge at $3000

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Nice to know that shortage of repair parts is going into new builds instead of fixing what I paid for. /s

And it’s f**king cheaper than my 18month broken one! Mother f**ker!

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Extended warranty for working units should have been the approach. That way working tonneau can continue working till they don't, but instead they are being replaced before people that have broken covers.

Plus how on earth did they come up with $500 now. Absurdly too inexpensive.

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
$500 has to be wrong.

The PTC on my Launch Edition has always worked - 18 months, and used every day. I'm in no hurry to get a replacement.

presbyjr75

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Teacher/ Veteran
Nice! I could have sworn I saw someone mention availability earlier this week with the listed up charge at $3000
It was $3000. I am getting ready to order mine. I am moving on it before they realize they made it too reasonable!! My question is…how is the PTC $500 and the Manual is $1800?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
It was $3000. I am getting ready to order mine. I am moving on it before they realize they made it too reasonable!! My question is…how is the PTC $500 and the Manual is $1800?
I think they are trying to sell some trucks in the shop by offering it for $500. I doubt you will be able to buy it for that in the gear shop for existing owners.

Sponsored

Stepan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
How about those who have a truck or are waiting for repairs???
Nice to know that shortage of repair parts is going into new builds instead of fixing what I paid for. /s
Extended warranty for working units should have been the approach. That way working tonneau can continue working till they don't, but instead they are being replaced before people that have broken covers.
You already bought the car, sorry buds.

As an anecdotal story - I had scheduled a service in Colorado with about 13 items on the list, broken tonneau being one of them. They originally didn't schedule one of the items (I am assuming the tonneau), but after a day or so all items were scheduled, so I am assuming its getting fixed in a few weeks. It might be worth giving them a call and talk to someone to figure out your timing.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Colorado owners rubbing it in… “I’m gettin’ mine why ya complainin’?”

P94027

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Lexus
Read the fine print regarding configurations with the PTC:

"This vehicle is configured with a powered tonneau cover. In some cases, your vehicle may be delivered without the cover, Rivian service will reach out to you by fall of 2024 to schedule your installation."

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
You already bought the car, sorry buds.

As an anecdotal story - I had scheduled a service in Colorado with about 13 items on the list, broken tonneau being one of them. They originally didn't schedule one of the items (I am assuming the tonneau), but after a day or so all items were scheduled, so I am assuming its getting fixed in a few weeks. It might be worth giving them a call and talk to someone to figure out your timing.
Don't worry about me dude.....mine works. And has since day 1 almost 2 years ago and 38k miles. I am just saying the problem could have been handled better with extended warranties and maybe even saved Rivian some money on units like mine. But when they call....sure I will let them replace it.

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance

Plus how on earth did they come up with $500 now. Absurdly too inexpensive.
I think they are trying yo lower prices without, um, lowering prices. I don't get it really. There are many configs that price right above the 80,000 tax credit limitation. If they drop the charge for premium paint half the trucks get the tax credit so the customer picks up another $3750 off without Rivian losing anything.
Sponsored