Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Staff Systems Engineer
Clubs

mine gets replaced on Monday. Retrofit kits are readily available now.
How does one get a retrofit kit? I put in a service ticket to ask about getting this new powered one installed. I don’t know if I have a guide or not since I bought third party. Mine doesn’t have any tonneau covers.
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
How does one get a retrofit kit? I put in a service ticket to ask about getting this new powered one installed. I don’t know if I have a guide or not since I bought third party. Mine doesn’t have any tonneau covers.
I opened a service ticket a year ago. They told me they would call when the redesign was complete and parts were available. They did and I was given a date for the retrofit.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I opened a service ticket a year ago. They told me they would call when the redesign was complete and parts were available. They did and I was given a date for the retrofit.
Did they give you a quote/estimate??

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Free. Mine delivered with a PTC.
mine gets replaced on Monday. Retrofit kits are readily available now.
AH, I see my confusion.
Earlier in the thread, people were talking about retrofitting NON PTC equipped vehicles.

I mis-interpreted your meaning (since you said Retrofit kits are readily available now) as such.
My bad. Carry on...!

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
AH, I see my confusion.
Earlier in the thread, people were talking about retrofitting NON PTC equipped vehicles.

I mis-interpreted your meaning (since you said Retrofit kits are readily available now) as such.
My bad. Carry on...!
Retrofit isn't available for current owners yet. Rivian seems to be using it as an incentive to sell shop vehicles.

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
Just saw that Out of Spec video with Kyle talking about the Cybertruck. at one point he goes to his Rivian that just had the PTC repaired and it is 100% the new design not the rework of the old covers. At 31:28

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Nice to know that shortage of repair parts is going into new builds instead of fixing what I paid for. /s

And it’s f**king cheaper than my 18month broken one! Mother f**ker!
Contact your guide. I did, recently, and now have an appointment for the upgrade.

Last edited:

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Contact your guide. I did, recently, and now have an appointment for the upgrade.
Thanks, but no response from my guide on a specific message I sent them.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

We might look into getting it installed....eventually. We have the manual one now and of all the things Rivian did great, this ISN'T one of them.

While the installation of the manual cover is easy enough, if you want to remove it, you have to take it apart and store it in the gear tunnel (or your garage).

We don't need to get into the truck bed that much, but the first time I did, I pulled the pull-down cables from the center and I must have pulled too hard.....snapped the cotter pin and plunger piece on the left side. I now have to use a pliers to pull the plunger piece out to remove the cover. I did put in a request to have it either fixed or replaced...... it's only that panel....maybe they will send out just that panel. If I was using the truck bed all the time, I would be mad about it being a manual assembly. They could have at least made it foldable.

Other than that one design flaw....its a great truck.

Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Call service. Never call your guide (or that has been my experience) for anything not sales related.
Thanks. I’ve called service periodically about this for the last 12 months. You may recall the redesign was supposed to be finished Spring 2023.

It’s not me guys, but I appreciate the suggestions.

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I asked if they’ll honor this price for my soon to be delivered truck. Guess we’ll see.

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
Thanks. I’ve called service periodically about this for the last 12 months. You may recall the redesign was supposed to be finished Spring 2023.

It’s not me guys, but I appreciate the suggestions.
You don't have to tell me about it. Mine was broken when the truck was delivered (without me being told ahead of time). Delivery guy gave me a "we owe you in two weeks" form saying it would be fixed. That was July 2022. Got fixed December 2023. If you have a reason to get a service appoint ask if they can fix it while they have it. Make a tire rotation appointment and then call back and ask about tonneau fix.

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
I asked if they’ll honor this price for my soon to be delivered truck. Guess we’ll see.
Let us know how this goes, but my guess is no. It is a gimmick to sell trucks. If you bought one without then I'm guessing they won't, but would be great if they did.
Sponsored