First Name
Chanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hi Fellow Rivian's

Why the Transfer of Ownership is such a pain with Rivian, I have tried multiple times to reach out to the right team, but no one has ever gotten back to me with a right answer. it's really painful to wait and watch when it happens without any ETA.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chanuvarma

chanuvarma

First Name
Chanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

has anyone emailed RJ before? is he good at replying to your emails or infamous like other CEOs?

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Buyer
To transfer ownership of a Rivian vehicle to your Rivian account (create a Rivian account here), please contact the Customer Engagement Center with a photo of your driver’s license and one of the following Proof of Ownership documents:

• Signed bill of sale
  • Signed Title
  • Registration card
Receipts or title applications are not accepted as a valid Proof of Ownership documents.

Note: If the seller has not removed their ownership from the vehicle in the Rivian app, you may temporarily disable app access to vehicle location data on your vehicle's touchscreen (so that the seller cannot view the vehicle’s location). Rivian will revoke the seller’s access to the vehicle when the ownership transfer is complete, at which time you can restore location access.

• Settings > Data and Privacy > Rivian Mobile App

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/ownership-transfer-issues.27283/

OP
OP
chanuvarma

chanuvarma

First Name
Chanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Buyer
To transfer ownership of a Rivian vehicle to your Rivian account (create a Rivian account here), please contact the Customer Engagement Center with a photo of your driver’s license and one of the following Proof of Ownership documents:

• Signed bill of sale
  • Signed Title
  • Registration card
Receipts or title applications are not accepted as a valid Proof of Ownership documents.

Note: If the seller has not removed their ownership from the vehicle in the Rivian app, you may temporarily disable app access to vehicle location data on your vehicle's touchscreen (so that the seller cannot view the vehicle’s location). Rivian will revoke the seller’s access to the vehicle when the ownership transfer is complete, at which time you can restore location access.

• Settings > Data and Privacy > Rivian Mobile App

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/ownership-transfer-issues.27283/
Already sent all the info 4 days ago

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Give it a week or two

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I used the engagement center link, and then when my assigned guide sent me a welcome message, I told him too. I got the truck on 4/18, sent the request on 4/19, talked to the guide early on 4/22, and had my app access on that afternoon.

OP
OP
chanuvarma

chanuvarma

First Name
Chanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

4 days and you want to take it to the CEO? Really?
Why Not? this is the first step to experience his products completely and if the first step itself is broken, how would they handle other steps.

OP
OP
chanuvarma

chanuvarma

First Name
Chanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I used the engagement center link, and then when my assigned guide sent me a welcome message, I told him too. I got the truck on 4/18, sent the request on 4/19, talked to the guide early on 4/22, and had my app access on that afternoon.
I have been asking them if a Guide has been assigned, but they keep saying not yet. I am on a similar timeline like you but no luck

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

There's another thread here saying that the guides have all been fired. I have no idea if true.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

has anyone emailed RJ before? is he good at replying to your emails or infamous like other CEOs?
I've gotten a reply from him once. Sent him a photo of my truck in camp level mode, thanking him for listening to his customers about needing it. It was a very brief reply.

WhisperPickle

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Why Not? this is the first step to experience his products completely and if the first step itself is broken, how would they handle other steps.
It’s not broken - they just let a bunch of CS service people go. It’s been 4 days.

FYI - going through the same process with Tesla took me well over a week.

The phone as key app isn’t the first thing needed to “experience the product completely”……can you really not wait a week and just use the key?

And finally - if you buy it new the process is instant. Here you are asking Rivian to step into a private party transaction that they weren’t party to and give you virtual instant access to total digital control of the vehicle. If you want to “experience his products completely” then buy a new one from Rivian.

I’ve never heard such whining and impatience from someone fortunate enough to afford and own such a nice vehicle.

“MY APP ISNT WORKING FAST ENOUGH! GET ME THE CEO!”

………give me a break
Sponsored