Sponsored

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I've daydreamed about this, but this guy has the expertise to actually do it.

I'd love to have something like this:

Sponsored

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
Oh cool, I've thought about doing something similar. Look forward to watching.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

"portable"

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I'd suggest still having a ground clamp.

I have a household generator clamped to a ground stake.
I have a portable generator (12kW) that has a neutral bond switch. It can charge the Rivian and the Tesla, but I still prefer to run a beefy ground strap to an earth rod.

My main motivation for keeping the R1T is to have it function as a 135kWh household battery for the "low low" price of "only" about $70K. Gradually, I'm adding solar and LFP (and wind turbine) so the R1T eventually becomes redundant … hopefully by then Rivian will build a Quad Max Pack or at least offer Tank Turn Mode, otherwise, the R1T is off to the glue factory. : )

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

"portable"
His idea wasn’t a take with you option
(He did do a massive one in his bed last year to do that though)

this “portable” was to address a gap for people who live in apartments/ work in offices with no access

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

His idea wasn’t a take with you option
(He did do a massive one in his bed last year to do that though)

this “portable” was to address a gap for people who live in apartments/ work in offices with no access
The wheels are far too small to call this portable for that kind of a use. I have similarly sized wheels on my welding cart and it's a pain in the ass to push it out of my garage because of the minor difference in height between the slabs. It's no-where near as heavy as this thing probably is. If you're in an apartment it's most likely going to have to go over a door threshold.

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

The wheels are far too small to call this portable for that kind of a use. I have similarly sized wheels on my welding cart and it's a pain in the ass to push it out of my garage because of the minor difference in height between the slabs. It's no-where near as heavy as this thing probably is. If you're in an apartment it's most likely going to have to go over a door threshold.
I can dig it

my experience is casters only work in a perfectly manicured garage

After a brief googling Jehu (YouTuber) has done multiple builds/ reviews with the Jakiper batteries
I’d imagine there is a secondary “buy this to solve your problem “ reason for the video, assuming he has some sort of affiliate link

I do know that the battery company sells a kit with these it’s like 7500 for the cart and 5 48v 100ah LiFePo4 batteries

So it’s probably more of a “for under 10k you can buy this kit a wall charger and an inverter and with minimal to beginner level skill build this functional niche solution”
Sponsored