Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Rivian has very deliberately never promised a kWh target, just a range target, on their various packs.
False champ. They originally claimed 180kwh for the max pack. And this was documented internally for guides as recent as June.
Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

We were/are already paying a premium for it.
All I am saying is if they were still going to produce a 180kwh pack they would not be claiming only 400miles. The numbers don't add up, a 33% pack size increase does not equate to only 50 additional miles.
It makes good business sense to keep to the 400 mile claim as cost effectively as is possible.
I am going to hold out for a bit yet & see what further max pack info comes along but getting more & more disenchanted with the cost vs benefit/loss aspects of the max vs quad.
I hope you had a early CT order as they had long range(claimed) & fast charging.
I was at the unveiling so I was literally one of the first with a preorder......

riviantogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lexus Rx350
No information on new orders is a bad sign, most other EVs are getting MSRP reductions and additional dealer mark-down on top, income cap can be bypassed by leasing and most companies are passing that credit to the lessee. This means R1S just got something like 20-30k more expensive relative to the likes of EQS/iX, I just can’t see strong demand after that.
I agree that offering a lease option will be nice at some point. But right now cash flow is what they need and they are starting to execute their business plan like professionals.
Rivian is wise to keep its pipeline secret. We don't need to know that information and its competitors might benefit.
As far as pricing . . . its competitively priced against similar vehicles from other makers that have the same configuration. They aren't wading into the pricing competition game and, until recently, neither did Tesla.
I applaud their discipline.

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 1500SLT Crew cab
Occupation
Retired
I'm very glad Riv is moving in the right direction. I was giving them 7 years in 2022, and that's still my goal post. The Georgia plant appears to still be a go, moving forward and to be completed in 2026. The projected output of that facility is over 3x than that in Normal. By then, I'm just "wishing" they embrace solid-state batteries. If Toyota's claim (with a grain of salt) of even 600 or 700 miles on a single charge is achievable, then charging times is kind of a moot point, except they'll still need a ton of them since Li-Ion battery technology will be with us for probably decades. My wooden nickel on Riv's progress.
Is there an official statement as to the progress of the Ga plant.
Sponsored