Question about sleeping in my R1S

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
Didn't find it in a search but was wondering about the locking of the doors while in camp mode, and sleeping. Is this just done by using the phone app, or is there a better way of doing it? I'll be around other campers and want the security, but also not having my alarm go off if I move around would be a good thing.
Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

I use my phone to lock with camp mode stay off and camp courtesy on. Phone fits well in 2nd row cup holder or armrest storage.

OP
OP

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
Got it - thanks. Just one of those things you don't know how to do until you do.

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Camp courtesy on + Key fob? Fob and phone are also the only ways to open and close the rear hatch from inside unless you have really long arms or crawl into the foot well to push the brake and turn on the screens.

Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

I find it easier to used the 2nd row doors than the rear hatch. I have sliders so it provides a place to stand when getting in and out.

OP
OP

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
Camp courtesy on + Key fob? Fob and phone are also the only ways to open and close the rear hatch from inside unless you have really long arms or crawl into the foot well to push the brake and turn on the screens.
Ah, good information about opening that back hatch. Would hate to run into that situation if I need to get up and pee real bad.

OP
OP

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
I find it easier to used the 2nd row doors than the rear hatch. I have sliders so it provides a place to stand when getting in and out.
Thanks - I'll have to see how it works out for me.

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yeah that's what I ended up doing, initially i was replicating my pickup style. It does take a bit of flexibility with a 4 inch camp mattress limiting headroom. (Until I remove the seats and build a lower platform?) Also have sliders coming...

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

I removed the seats but the sleeping platform is about one inch higher than the seats used to be. This allows me to store a full size spare where the 2nd row seats used to be for day to day use. When I go out on adventures I put the spare on the roof and use the under sleeping platform space for storage. After a while you get used to getting in and out from 2nd row and sliders will help a lot.

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I removed the seats but the sleeping platform is about one inch higher than the seats used to be. This allows me to store a full size spare where the 2nd row seats used to be for day to day use.
I think you replied to me in another thread or I've seen your posts. Thanks for that bit, I have the spare but haven't gotten serious enough about it yet to measure.
Sponsored