Sponsored

R1S car camping air mattress recommendations?

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S FG/FE Adventure 20, Audi e-tron, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Look what I found :) search air bed R1S on Amazon. The deminsions are wrong on the listing and it fits perfectly. Slept on it and it's great.

20230619_180340.jpg

20230619_165139.jpg

20230619_165219.jpg

20230619_165203.jpg

Bonus that's it's rivian yellow!
I'm going to try this out. Researching mattresses for a trip to the eastern sierras!
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Now we need shades for all the windows

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

If you haven't committed to anything yet I would add any of the Hest brand beds to your consideration.

Definitely one of the best options on the market today.
I'd say it beats out an exped Megamat 15 in terms of comfort, and that is some high praise!

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
If you haven't committed to anything yet I would add any of the Hest brand beds to your consideration.

Definitely one of the best options on the market today.
I'd say it beats out an exped Megamat 15 in terms of comfort, and that is some high praise!
That is high praise indeed. I bought the exped megamat duo 10, it is super comfortable and I couldn't be happier with the money I spent.

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

We stoped by REI today and picked up the Exped MegaMat Duo 10 Sleeping Pad in size Medium, and it fits perfectly! We bought the Exped Widget Pump also, and it inflates the mattress in a couple of minutes. The Widget Pump also has USB-A and USB-C ports and a small light. It's a 3600mAh battery which would recharge an iPhone about 2 times.

We tried the camp mode leveling feature in our driveway, and it's a perfect setup! The mattress is super comfortable. The pictures are a little dark since we took them at night.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S car camping air mattress recommendations? IMG_2391

Rivian R1T R1S R1S car camping air mattress recommendations? IMG_2392

Rivian R1T R1S R1S car camping air mattress recommendations? IMG_2393

Rivian R1T R1S R1S car camping air mattress recommendations? IMG_2394

Sponsored

GWNavigator

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Big SUV
Clubs

I've been an ExPed fan for a while. I tried the ExPed MegaMat Duo 10, and though it is fantastic, the ExPed MegaMat Auto is pretty much the same with approx. 10 extra inches of shoulder room - and is a perfect fit! And - bonus - ExPed also sells a cool compact pump/lantern/phone backup battery charger.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S car camping air mattress recommendations? IMG_5401

Rivian R1T R1S R1S car camping air mattress recommendations? IMG_5402

Rivian R1T R1S R1S car camping air mattress recommendations? IMG_5400

Rivian R1T R1S R1S car camping air mattress recommendations? IMG_5404

Jcmonty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep gladiator
I'm going to try this out. Researching mattresses for a trip to the eastern sierras!
I got one of these as well. Seems like good material , love the “single/dual setup” for if I want to do a solo mission, and it feels the space nicely .

I wish it there was an adapter that fit better for the onboard air to pump the mattress up. May have the make something

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I've been an ExPed fan for a while. I tried the ExPed MegaMat Duo 10, and though it is fantastic, the ExPed MegaMat Auto is pretty much the same with approx. 10 extra inches of shoulder room - and is a perfect fit! And - bonus - ExPed also sells a cool compact pump/lantern/phone backup battery charger.

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5402.jpeg

IMG_5400.jpeg

IMG_5404.jpeg
Is this the same length as the Exped duo 10? I did buy that one and like it but would like the extra shoulder room too.

GWNavigator

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Big SUV
Clubs

Is this the same length as the Exped duo 10? I did buy that one and like it but would like the extra shoulder room too.
The DUO 10 M is 72" long, the Megamat Auto is 76". I bought it for the 10" extra shoulder room and can say it made a big difference with two sleepers.

Sponsored

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5402.jpeg

IMG_5400.jpeg

IMG_5404.jpeg
Damn that looks nearly purpose built for the R1S.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

I have the DUO 10 M already but just ordered the Auto the extra shoulder room will hopefully make it easier for 2 to sleep.

GWNavigator

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Big SUV
Clubs

UPDATE: Couple of upgrades I forgot to mention:

1. 1-2" memory foam topper on top of the Expedition makes it truly a luxury experience.

2. Finding a sheet/cover for the Megamat Auto was not easy, but the one offered by Luno Life fits fairly well, especially with the 2" memory foam topper. It acts to hold the topper and mattress together too.

For stowage (2-passenger setup), I just keep the 2nd and third row seats folded down, and just fold the entire mattress in half up right behind the front seats, like a taco. When arriving at camp, just empty the cargo and unfold the mattress - done!