Sponsored

R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Mildly interesting. Just logged into my account and instead of “2024”, it now says, “processing estimate”. With the way things have been rolling, it’ll probably pop up as “2025” tomorrow… 🤦🏻‍♂️

That said, fingers crossed for something sooner…!
Did you make any change to your configuration? I suspect it will remain "2024" even if the real delivery date is slated for 2025 as I suspect if anyone gets theirs pushed further back to 2025, they will just cancel instead, which may perhaps be what Rivian wants us do.

GR
Sponsored

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Did you make any change to your configuration? I suspect it will remain "2024" even if the real delivery date is slated for 2025 as I suspect if anyone gets theirs pushed further back to 2025, they will just cancel instead, which may perhaps be what Rivian wants us do.

GR
Nope. If you read the other threads, most everyone should’ve moved to “processing estimate” as of this afternoon-ish (depending on where you are in the country).

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I haven't received an email from Rivian regarding the new window, but my account now shows July-Sept 2023 instead of 2024. If this holds or improves, wooohoooo!

EDIT: as I was typing, I got the official email that says I have been moved up. woohoo!

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
I haven't received an email from Rivian regarding the new window, but my account now shows July-Sept 2023 instead of 2024. If this holds or improves, wooohoooo!

EDIT: as I was typing, I got the official email that says I have been moved up. woohoo!
Ditto! July-Sept isn’t great, but way better than before!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates 131D1301-817E-4A90-B6BE-F9E8D9B85D76

Sponsored

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Jan-June of 2024. That is much better than 2024. As I've noted before-I am a patient man specially when I have no control.
Hmmm, Im curious why you were not thrown in with us. Can you post your build and reservation date?

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Went to July - Sept 2023 from 2024 after changing to black mountain interior from ocean coast.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hmmm, Im curious why you were not thrown in with us. Can you post your build and reservation date?
Probably Rivian reading all my self adulating posts. In keeping with that theme; I gave myself a valentine gift on 2/14/22 (order date). You gents have most probably been waiting a lot longer. Would have loved to be in the same batch as you so we could have shared the excitement together. Cheers.

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Went to July - Sept 2023 from 2024 after changing to black mountain interior from ocean coast.
If you are attributing the change to that, I am more skeptical. I still have OC as my interior.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Mine pulled in six months, so I'm a very happy camper.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates Screenshot 2023-02-01 183222

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda

Ditto! July-Sept isn’t great, but way better than before!

131D1301-817E-4A90-B6BE-F9E8D9B85D76.png
Mine pulled in six months, so I'm a very happy camper.

Screenshot 2023-02-01 183222.png
I don't understand these estimates. I got moved up, too (much to my surprise). But instead of Jul-Sep 2023 like most people here, I am in Oct-Dec 2023. I thought Rivian is batch producing, why break up these orders into two separate quarters?

I am not bitter about this since I have already mentally prepared myself for not seeing my R1S until 2024 at the earliest and that may still be the case despite of this "new estimate."

GR

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
Based on some of the posts I have read, it seems to me that the largest push-back in delivery windows was made for R1S LA Silver orders that were not Launch Editions.

If you have a preorder for an R1S LA Silver, can you please list old window, new window, order date, and config below? I am curious if my hunch is correct or if I just am individually really unlucky.
1H 2023, now 2024
October 2020
R1S Adventure, OC with dark wood, 21" , Quad motor

I have a hunch that the R1S LA silvers with original pricing are so low margin that unless they are Launch Editions, Rivian really has put zero thought into producing them. That is why they got put into 2024 which is the same as saying "no consideration given to putting into a production plan"

Lastly, PLEASE keep this limited to R1S with the LA Silver color.

EDIT:
Adding link to Tablue dashboard from Reddit thread on this subject. You can adjust filters to see how people reported windows based upon configurations

https://public.tableau.com/app/prof...veryEstimates/RivianDeliveryEstimateDashboard
2/28/22 order; LA Silver Black Mountain Tow Hooks Spare Tire. Yeah, I know; I just got here compared to most of you.

Fall 2022 messaging from Rivian placed my delivery window at January to December 2024.
On January 31, 2023 the new delivery window is January - June 2024.

Slight "improvement".

I know that wags out there in the Forums say that Rivian is conspiring to lower the priority on these orders due to low margin. Rivian is going to have to honor these orders and I doubt that the margin is going to improve by kicking the can down the road. Do it now or do it when the margin may be worse; but they have to do it.

Just remember, this is the company that realized they had an issue with bolts on the R1T suspension. The rumor mongers and conspiracy buffs were all about, "Oh My God!! Oh shit or dear!! A 12,000 VEHICLE RECALL!!! Is Rivian FOLDING!!!???"

No, they "Cowboyed Up", owned the problem and fixed it.

In contrast, anybody remember the car that had the disquieting tendency to burst into flame from rear end collisions?

But Rivian didn't gamble lives on whether they could "get away with it" like another manufacturer did back in the day.

Could it be true that Rivian is manipulating fulfillment of "low margin" configurations? Yes.

Could it be total BS? Yes.

I can't prove that Rivian isn't pushing out deliveries of low margin configurations anymore than the rumor mongers can prove it is so.

But, I remain committed to Rivian as I've not experienced or read anything fact-based to move me off of that. If that changes based on something more than rumor-driven speculation, then so may my decision.

But until or unless that happens, I'm in.

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I don't understand these estimates. I got moved up, too (much to my surprise). But instead of Jul-Sep 2023 like most people here, I am in Oct-Dec 2023. I thought Rivian is batch producing, why break up these orders into two separate quarters?

I am not bitter about this since I have already mentally prepared myself for not seeing my R1S until 2024 at the earliest and that may still be the case despite of this "new estimate."

GR
Not sure either, but here are a few thoughts.

When they say batching, what do they base it on? I initially thought similar configurations, and maybe that is true ,but what do they consider in the config? Exterior color only, or tires, or internal, or ADV vs LE? Maybe things are batched by delivery region, or order date (doubtful on order date).

Another thing is our new range should be interpreted as September 2023, which could be the last week in September, and maybe your's is delivered in early October.

God knows their batch and production plans....and delivery plans
Sponsored