Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Catching up on this thread. Here’s my timeline so far…

• 10/29/2022 - Updated configuration to remove PPF and swap auto for manual tonneau
Why did you decide to remove the "factory" PPF?

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update. I locked my configuration on November 9.

Got my 8 steps today (12/1) and was able to schedule delivery for Monday 12/5. A bit of a fire drill trying to get financing and insurance turned around this quickly but....We'll see!
Picking up today???

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Why did you decide to remove the "factory" PPF?
Based on reviews I've seen, the factory PPF doesn't cover edges and areas likely to get nicked by rocks along the side (behind the front wheels). I'd rather get it done "right" by an aftermarket shop.

Sponsored

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Based on reviews I've seen, the factory PPF doesn't cover edges and areas likely to get nicked by rocks along the side (behind the front wheels). I'd rather get it done "right" by an aftermarket shop.
Yes this was my main concern as I rem reading somewhere it goes to 1mm to the edge (no panel removal or wrap for install). But it falling under Rivians warranty is why I may keep it...

roberttatefan

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, S7, Exocet, JGC
Picking up today???
The truck should be delivered in the next few hours. I'll admit, the process was insanely rushed (I only had ~12 business hours to work through financing, insurance, registration etc) and while I was able to get through all of it, it was hectic.

I'm hoping everything works out. Feel like I know what to look out for on delivery inspection and hoping it all goes smoothly.

JaMa

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 LR Defender 110, 2021 Tesla Model YP
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Yes this was my main concern as I rem reading somewhere it goes to 1mm to the edge (no panel removal or wrap for install). But it falling under Rivians warranty is why I may keep it...
I decided to remove it from my config recently, just based on the fact that I really dont drive outside of my local area, no real interstate travel, and I am going to ceramic coat the entire vehicle I think. Ill be curious to see what others here think of it. According to my guide I am still a couple of months out for whatever reason, so I probably have time to contemplate. Congrats to all those getting their trucks soon.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I decided to remove it from my config recently, just based on the fact that I really dont drive outside of my local area, no real interstate travel, and I am going to ceramic coat the entire vehicle I think. Ill be curious to see what others here think of it. According to my guide I am still a couple of months out for whatever reason, so I probably have time to contemplate. Congrats to all those getting their trucks soon.
I'm removed it as well thinking it would help my ETA but doesn't seem to be helping. I'm going to have a local shop install it that will wrap edges and pay a bit more.

I will absolutely be doing front PPF. I drive 60 miles a day on a "rock corridor" freeway. The front of my GTI is a mess and I regret not doing ppf on that car, so I will definitely do the rivian.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

Update from me is no update. Radio silent since I spoke with my guide and confirmed the config back in mid November. I requested access to the R1 shop but haven't gotten that either. Not looking like I'll get a truck before the end of the year unless they can find one pretty fast...

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
FWIW ceramic coat basically provides zero protection to your paint - it simply makes it easier to clean, etc. I did this on my Tesla and honestly, while it's nice, I feel like I would have been better off doing PPF. Ideally, if cost were no issue, you would do ceramic on top of PPF for the ultimate convenience but if I had to choose 1 and do it over again it would have been PPF.

I'm removed it as well thinking it would help my ETA but doesn't seem to be helping. I'm going to have a local shop install it that will wrap edges and pay a bit more.

I will absolutely be doing front PPF. I drive 60 miles a day on a "rock corridor" freeway. The front of my GTI is a mess and I regret not doing ppf on that car, so I will definitely do the rivian.
FYI, your delivery window will absolutely change by removing the PPF - hopefully it moves things up!

JaMa

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 LR Defender 110, 2021 Tesla Model YP
Occupation
Entrepreneur
FWIW ceramic coat basically provides zero protection to your paint - it simply makes it easier to clean, etc. I did this on my Tesla and honestly, while it's nice, I feel like I would have been better off doing PPF. Ideally, if cost were no issue, you would do ceramic on top of PPF for the ultimate convenience but if I had to choose 1 and do it over again it would have been PPF.

FYI, your delivery window will absolutely change by removing the PPF - hopefully it moves things up!
Understood. When I lived in Colorado I did a lot more of this kind of thing due to Mag Chloride, generally crappy roads around where I lived, rocks hail etc etc etc but here in Austin it's almost not worth it. I don't have anything on my Tesla and it looks brand new after 2 years so Im good with not doing it at all.

Last edited:

CotoR1TDude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Received notification of 6 to 8 weeks delivery the week going into thanksgiving. Was notified last week it was ready for pick. It’s sitting in the CS lot waiting for my return from Switzerland. My manager is driving me around in a new Tesla… I explained to him “what is Rivian”. He can’t get his head wrapped around the scale of it. I can’t wait to get back, I’m going to drop it off for a stealth expel wrap before it comes home.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I figured a lot of the Dec-Jan windows would be seeing deliveries by Rivian to make the 25k target for this year. While it seems like there have been some match ups, the majority of us (on this thread at least) are still waiting. RJ noted something about an additional shift for building, maybe that ramp is taking longer.

Last edited:

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Guide emailed us today with four available trucks, none in our configuration. Two were at the Brooklyn service center and we would have had to pick it up. (No issue on our end) The other two are at the factory. All had 21 or 22 tires. We want the 20” AT. None had the underbody shielding. One was blue, one was white, one was limestone and one was green. Guide did say the full sized spare is coming to the Gear Shop soon, so if a truck comes up that’s close to our configuration, but without the spare we’d take it. Still waiting on a match.
Sponsored