Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

I’m considering a swing arm for a cargo carrier primarily. When camping we load up the Rivian pretty full and I’d like to move some of the gear outside and don’t want a roof rack to avoid drag and further efficiency impact.

I have looked at all referenced in the title and am leaning the Rakattach personally but curious on thoughts from the hive mind.

I really like Rigd Ultraswing that fits for full size spare but I’m not sure a full size spare and cargo carrier is just a bit much. Right now camping I just keep the small spare stored away but worry if I ever have an issue I have no place for the full size to go even temporarily.

Either way I’d like to get opinions and thoughts. Thanks!
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Did you not consider the Kuat Pivot for some reason? Not rated for enough weight?

wjhdrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5
Clubs

Yea. The compact spare is not a great option if your R1S is already packed up. I'm going with the Ultraswing with a full size spare, and looking at a cargo carrier to go with it.

OP
OP

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Did you not consider the Kuat Pivot for some reason? Not rated for enough weight?
No reason at all, just did not consider it. Where would you consider it amongst the others?

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
No reason at all, just did not consider it. Where would you consider it amongst the others?
I haven't used the others, but I owned a Kuat Pivot v2 for a long time when I drove a Bronco and loved it. I had no need for it when the Bronco got totaled from behind and I bought my R1S, but would've gladly bought another if I were doing the kind of setup you're proposing. It's solid, swings out buttery smooth regardless of how much weight I had on it, and locks firmly in place with no rattling. Plus it can take a minivan hitting it at 25mph and still work 😅

Rivian R1T R1S Rakattach vs Rambleswing vs Exo vs ? 1719704678014-2f

Rivian R1T R1S Rakattach vs Rambleswing vs Exo vs ? 1719704616284-th

Rivian R1T R1S Rakattach vs Rambleswing vs Exo vs ? 1719704646168-9

Sponsored

OP
OP

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Well you folks are selling the Kuat well. I also like that it’s the lightest of the bunch.

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

I’m considering a swing arm for a cargo carrier primarily. When camping we load up the Rivian pretty full and I’d like to move some of the gear outside and don’t want a roof rack to avoid drag and further efficiency impact.

I have looked at all referenced in the title and am leaning the Rakattach personally but curious on thoughts from the hive mind.

I really like Rigd Ultraswing that fits for full size spare but I’m not sure a full size spare and cargo carrier is just a bit much. Right now camping I just keep the small spare stored away but worry if I ever have an issue I have no place for the full size to go even temporarily.

Either way I’d like to get opinions and thoughts. Thanks!
Not sure how you can get better than the Yakima EXO System given it's modularity and diverse set of options. See the following for details:
Sponsored