First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
A quick look at the initial introduction that the App has for owners.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
If this is in the app, Does this mean you can sit in a restaurant and turn on your cameras remotely and choose one and watch what it sees on your phone?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian App initial walk-through from owner. 1641098329633

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
If this is in the app, Does this mean you can sit in a restaurant and turn on your cameras remotely and choose one and watch what it sees on your phone?

1641098329633.png
I think that's just explaining the different symbols they have in the car. Ie: that's button accesses the cameras.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I really like the aesthetic of the app. I wish the infotainment system also looked like that.

Sponsored

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
Tonight on another forum I watched a video about the Rivian app. It wasn't very well done so I tried to download the app to my cell phone to find out more about it. My phone isn't able to install it.
So is it worth spending almost a $1000 for a new phone so that I can use the application? Otherwise my current phone does everything that I need.

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
Tonight on another forum I watched a video about the Rivian app. It wasn't very well done so I tried to download the app to my cell phone to find out more about it. My phone isn't able to install it.
So is it worth spending almost a $1000 for a new phone so that I can use the application? Otherwise my current phone does everything that I need.
The app doesn’t do anything until it is paired to the truck.

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
The app doesn’t do anything until it is paired to the truck.
I just installed it to see what is going on and noticed Facebook icon on my phone after. I know I would never trust Zuckerberg with my phone. Did anyone else get this With installation?

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I just installed it to see what is going on and noticed Facebook icon on my phone after. I know I would never trust Zuckerberg with my phone. Did anyone else get this With installation?
No.

Reactions: Max

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
The features that you'll frequently use on the smartphone app:
  • Remote activation of the climate control system to pre-heat or pre-cool the vehicle. I use this feature on a daily basis on the Tesla and on the Leaf before it. While EVs can generally get to temperature in a few minutes, it's nice to have it comfortable for when you get in the vehicle.
  • Check the status on the current charging session - primarily of use when away from home. You should also receive an alert if the current charging session is interrupted for some reason. You wouldn't want to come back after a 30 minute charging stop to find the vehicle stopped charging right as you had left.
In addition, Rivian can use your phone as a key. Since the R1T and R1S come with a standard key fob, you don't necessarily need to app to drive the vehicle. It just may make it a little more convenient to do (enter and drive without needing to push a button on the key fob).

I'll question the claim of almost a $1,000 for a new phone. Sure, if you buy a premium phone, you can spend $1,000 to $2,000. You're using a phone that can't run current software, so you obviously don't need to jump to the very highest level of hardware. I don't track Android hardware, but Apple has the 2nd-gen iPhone SE for $399. This is what I use and a perfectly fine phone if you're not needing or wanting all the crazy bells and whistles at the high end of the market. I wouldn't get an iPhone SE right now because the rumor mills are that a new 3rd-gen iPhone SE will be released in the coming months with 5G capability.

As someone else mentioned, downloading the Rivian app right now before you are ready to accept delivery is of very limited value. After you login on the app using your Rivian account, it simply states, "Thanks for downloading the app. It will come to life when you complete your vehicle purchase."
Sponsored