First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret
Do any of you have professional experience with detailing, paintwork, PPF?

I’m curious on your expertise regarding Rivian’s clear coat. I picked up a new R1T April 2nd and wow the paint was trashed. I had them detail it and when I got it home for ceramic coat I noticed how what I believe to be “Extremely Soft” clear coat.
On the spoiler alone, I can lightly, I mean lightly barely touch the spoiler in straight line with scratches to follow.

the body doesn’t appear to be as soft, but still easily scratch able.
Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I'm not an expert on anything you just posted, but would the spoiler have clear coat on it? Doesn't seem like that or the blackened pillars would.

Riviaenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, XC90 R-Design, XC90 T8, R1T Adventure
I'm not an expert on anything you just posted, but would the spoiler have clear coat on it? Doesn't seem like that or the blackened pillars would.
On the R1T he spoiler is high gloss plastic. I’ve only ever touched it with a horse hair brush or microfiber when washing. No scratches on mine. It’s probably not a good idea to rub it when hot.

OP
OP
ssbmx90

ssbmx90

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret
I couldn’t even tell it was plastic, I’m dumb. That makes much more sense. I know the B pillars have the garbage piano plastic like Tesla did inside back in the day but didn’t know the front fascia/roof panel and rear spoiler was simialr.
Sponsored