Sponsored

Rivian, please stop resetting my comfort settings

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I don't know why Rivian thinks it makes sense to reset comfort settings to "off" like ventilated seats and rear air-conditioning vents. It's annoying having to constantly go into the AC screen to turn on modes I had on prior to walking away from the vehicle. Can we make a request to Rivian to leave ALL settings on last used mode? What's perplexing are the ventilated seats. It's literally a guessing game if they'll be on or off when you jump back in. Please Rivian, leave our comfort settings alone. We don't need you to decide what is right for us. We are very capable of handling this on our own. Thank you!
Sponsored

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Launch R1T & 23 VW Id.4
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Clubs

I was just thinking about this today in the heatwave weā€™re having. Its super annoying to have to change the settings every time I get in.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think this is a software regression bug. It used to keep previous settings.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

The voodoo on those vents where the defrost comes on every time is frustrating. Iā€™d prefer to decide when itā€™s needed.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

You canā€™t be trusted with your own ventilation IMO.

Sponsored

Frisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Same problem with the radio. Sometimes it is on and tuned correctly and sometimes not when I return to the truck. I think Rivian in its attempts to lessen phantom drain has created other problems l

stewart

First Name
stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chevy Blazer
Occupation
Consultant
I don't know why Rivian thinks it makes sense to reset comfort settings to "off" like ventilated seats and rear air-conditioning vents. It's annoying having to constantly go into the AC screen to turn on modes I had on prior to walking away from the vehicle. Can we make a request to Rivian to leave ALL settings on last used mode? What's perplexing are the ventilated seats. It's literally a guessing game if they'll be on or off when you jump back in. Please Rivian, leave our comfort settings alone. We don't need you to decide what is right for us. We are very capable of handling this on our own. Thank you!
For me they stay the same until the next update. Every update I have to redo them but otherwise they stay as I set them.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I hate this also, and would like to note that Tesla does the same. In fact the Rivian has one improvement over the Tesla; I want the rear ventilation on, and the Tesla turns it off. However I also want the floor vents and seat cooling to stay on, all summer, and it won't. Tesla exposes seat and AC controls to Siri/Shortcuts, so at least I can forcibly change it, but Rivian doesn't. The Rivian shortcuts are way too limited.
Sponsored