Sponsored

Road trip destination suggestions NYC Metro to--->???

Michal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L322
Hey Everyone,
Second week with the R1T, and I have all of next week before going back to work. I am looking for destination ideas that would allow me to take maximize next week. I am partial to overlanding and camping destinations. I have spent many nights under the starts, and will be traveling with RTT so Im very flexible. Unfortunately, east coast has far and few in between of those natural gems. Colorado and Utah may be too far. Perhaps VT, North Carolina, Virginia? Is Blue Ridge worth the drive this time of the year?All suggestions are very much appreciated.
M
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fencer

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
govt
Well, if you make it my way (Three Corners area CO/WY/UT) I have free unlimited energy and a guest room for you. Make your sorties out of here stay as long as you want. Reach me via DM if you decide to explore that option. My Rivian truck just clocked 70K miles...

PS; worked in a NYC hospital for many years and loved it...

Rivian R1T R1S Road trip destination suggestions NYC Metro to--->??? three corners - 1

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

My youngest says the leaves are back in the Blue Ridge Parkway area and a nice lime green. It’s all trees and not a big flower area. The drive is lovely, especially with Fall colors.

Coj

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90 T8
Occupation
Real Estate
Hey Everyone,
Second week with the R1T, and I have all of next week before going back to work. I am looking for destination ideas that would allow me to take maximize next week. I am partial to overlanding and camping destinations. I have spent many nights under the starts, and will be traveling with RTT so Im very flexible. Unfortunately, east coast has far and few in between of those natural gems. Colorado and Utah may be too far. Perhaps VT, North Carolina, Virginia? Is Blue Ridge worth the drive this time of the year?All suggestions are very much appreciated.
M
You could go upstate and take a http://www.nora4x4.com/ NORA course. Or go to PA where there are similar excursions and camping sites.

From_Model_Y_to R2

First Name
Stevenson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

There are lots of places in the east coast to explore

1 - Arcadia National Park
2 - York Beach, Maine (I know the weather is not ideal right now)
3 - White Mountain National Forest
4 - Canobie Lake Park, New Hampshire
5 - Green Mountain National Forest
6 - The Freedom Trail, Massachusetts
7 - Cape Cod National Seashore
8 - Fort Adams State Park, Rhode Island
9 - Niagara Falls
10 - Delaware Water Gap National Recreation are
11 - Shenandoah National Park
12 - Green Smoky Mountains National Park
13 - Bar Harbor, Maine
14 - Stowe, Vermont
15 - Montauk
16 - Walking Valley Rail Trail

If you’re looking for overland

1 - Hunter Mountain
2 - Pachaug State Forest
3 - Cape Cod National Seashore
4 - Pulaski State Park
5 - Assateague Island National Seashore
6 - Allegheny, Shenandoah overland trail
7 - King knob Motorsports park
8 - Beartown state forest
9 - Bald eagle state forest
10 - Green mountain national forest

Sponsored

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
All of the PA State Parks opened the second Friday in April...Make a road trip and hit a couple:
There are lots of other state parks that are mostly empty, especially during the week, at this time of year so you'd have the place to yourself. DM me and I'm happy to make additional suggestions if this is appealing.

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

If the Virginia Blue Ridge is your destination, the Front Royal RAN is an awesome starting point.

The most picturesque section of the Blue Ridge Mountains is the section between Front Royal and south to Waynesboro/Rt 64.

For hikes in the Blue Ridge, my go to site is Hiking Upward . It has spot-on reviews and is run by a high school buddy of mine.

A must-do item in Shenandoah National Park is hiking Old Rag Mountain. You’ll need to get a reservation online before you go (a dollar or two) but well worth the hike.

Tibbits knob and Big Schloss on the Great North Mountain (west of and running parallel to Blue Ridge) are great hikes as well.

Full disclosure: I do trail maintenance with the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club and am unapologetically biased to trails in the DMV 😁

OP
OP

Michal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L322
Excellent, thank you for the advice.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

Anchorage, AK? :)
You're looking for an outdoor adventure.

I jest. Sort of. I have a trip to Alaska in my aspirational adventure trip list, but have similar constraints on real world obligations.

I don't know the east coast that well, but I've always thought of Maine as a great place to get lost for a week.
Sponsored