AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Alright, you convinced me :) Use the link below for 20% off the Rivian screen protectors, and (optionally) the screen cleaners (as long as the cleaner is ordered with the screen protector).

https://abstractocean.com/discount/hockey

Good thru March 2023, discount applied at checkout, and you'll need an account with us so the site knows you're in Canada 🍁

P.S. Let me know if there's any issues, it's the first time I've created a geo-discount code :)
Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Not looking to stir the pot but I personally don’t know what I would need a screen protector for? What are the top use cases for these? I just ceramic coated mine to help with cleaning and finger prints and it seems fine to me.

OP
OP
AO_Pete

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Not looking to stir the pot but I personally don’t know what I would need a screen protector for? What are the top use cases for these? I just ceramic coated mine to help with cleaning and finger prints and it seems fine to me.
I'd say that glare reduction is a large benefit of the matte version. All versions have a permanent silver-ion coating to destroy germs on contact, and over the years we've had quite a few reports from customers where our protectors saved a screen that would have otherwise been damaged by a ring, car keys, chunky watch, fake nails etc. Impact damage tends to be more of an issue in the back, we're seeing a lot more replacement requests for our S & X screens in the rear, it's pretty easy for a buckle on a backpack to get dragged or knocked against the screen. Ultimately they're really an insurance policy for the 'just in case' scenario.
Sponsored