• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Georgia Selling New R1S - Atlanta

Roguevice

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hello everyone! I am currently selling my slot to receive a new R1S in 3-6 weeks. I am selling my slot for $10,000 plus MSRP and all applicable taxes and fees.

Since I would be ordering from the shop, the buyer would still be able to pick their color and options and would only be limited by current inventory.

To make this process as seamless as possible I would work with the buyer to see if we can find the right spec. Once we find the right spec I would ask for the $10,000 as a non-refundable deposit. When the vehicle comes in I would have to pick it up and pay for it at Rivian. After delivery I can work with you on how to pick up the car and pay the remainder of the MSRP + all taxes and fees that I paid for.This is a win win for everyone as you will receive a brand new vehicle in a relatively short time and end up saving close to 5k off the cost of buying from Rivian today.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have and I would be happy to answer. Thanks for looking and have a great day.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
So you're going to pay the rest of the cost short of 10K and taxes and title? If that's the case sign me up man I'll give you 10 if you're going to pay the other 80. Or are you asking for 10K just to take your spot, when there are tons of used ones available right now?

OP
OP

Roguevice

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
It would be 10,000 plus whatever I end up paying for the vehicle. The vehicle cost would just be whatever you end up picking out from the shop. Right now prices on the shop range from 77-84k. This would mean worst case scenario whoever buys my slot would end up paying 94k plus taxes and fees for a brand new vehicle and have a very short wait and still have choices over specs.

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I may be wrong, but when you pick up the car it will be registered in your name and taxes paid. When the buyer picks up the car and the title is transferred, would they then have to pay TVAT when they go register the vehicle? If so, sounds like they would potentially be looking at what you paid, plus 10k, plus TVAT.

Again, I may be wrong here with the TVAT.

OP
OP

Roguevice

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Depends on your state I guess. I would have to take delivery in my name and whenever I sell you the car there are no additional taxes associated but you would be responsible for your states registration.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Roguevice

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Not trying to be sus. Figured this would be an option for someone who doesn’t want to wait for a reservation, get a brand new car, and still have the option to configure it a bit while costing less than a “configured today” model.

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just checked, anyone in GA would have to pay 7% TVAT upon registering the vehicle in their name. So, someone in GA purchasing this route would pay MSRP + taxes/fees paid by you (probably in the $7k range) + $10k (non refundable) + 7% TVAT (somewhere in the $6k range). Seems like a lot of work and risk for basically no savings for the buyer.

Unfortunately, I think the time has pretty much passed for a quick flip. Good luck on the sale!

OP
OP

Roguevice

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Agreed that this is less of a deal for anyone who buys and registers in GA but lots of other states do not require the Ad Valorem tax and they wouldn’t have the additional 7%.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

If I were in the hunt for a flipped R1S I’d be looking for a better deal with less risk. 10k non-refundable with no meat left on the bone means I’d be pretty desperate for instant gratification. There are a few things that can go wrong here. The market may judge me wrong. No harm intended with this post and I wish you luck and fortune.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
2022 has entered the chat

Tomgriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS 70D, 2017 Chevy Bolt Premier, T700
Even if one is OK with this deal, keep in mind that many vehicles in the shop are still at the factory. For me, from selection in shop to delivery was right at 4 weeks (picked it up this month).