Service Appointments

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Just submitted a ticket -- earliest available is June 5th in San Diego -- I've had my truck for 18 months, times went from days > weeks > a month > almost 4 months. This is entirely unsustainable. They're only more R1s to service with all their issues, in 6months if I have another issue is it going to take 8-10 months to repair? I have an R1S reservation i've already punted once, its looking like a lost cause.
Sponsored

eskudo12791

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
This just in, new (er) car company has waits at service centers. I get it, it sucks, but this isnt new to companies, Tesla struggled for a long time to cut wait times. You bought into a young company, sorta knew what you were getting into.

OP
OP

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
This just in, new (er) car company has waits at service centers. I get it, it sucks, but this isnt new to companies, Tesla struggled for a long time to cut wait times. You bought into a young company, sorta knew what you were getting into.
Nope - I bought a car that I knew might have issues and would need to be repaired iteratively as their manufacturing process would need to be improved. This is awful and with this trajectory its very unsustainable. I thought the last time it took 3 months to re-address an existing issue, and then the 3 months of my truck in their hands to fix was a lot. As time is going on its getting worse not better is my point.

But thanks for knowing my expectations ahead of time, next time can I just text/DM you my thoughts and you respond so that I can better understand the way the world works? I never owned a Tesla, and didn't follow their issues as closely as some. Not sure why that would apply unless you're saying everyone is just like Tesla and to expect that anyone might learn from mistakes is impossible? That twitter headlines like "production is insanely difficult" from Elon I was suppose to think... hey when I have a car that has a defect I'll need to wait 6+ months to get it fixed? Nope, didn't sign up for that.

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
If it’s something urgent, call them. They will get you in sooner for urgent. I had to cancel an appointment last wee, but they were able to get me scheduled for my urgent issue in March and the panel adjustments for April.

Captain JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Clubs

I kept bugging them and driving them nuts until I got in…..if you can, claim it is a safety item. But you are correct, it IS unsustainable so let’s hope more centers open up or they hire more mobile techs. My appt finally was a mobile tech so hopefully yours can be handled that way. Brest, JB

Sponsored

SCV-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Chevy Colorado, Honda Accord
Occupation
Sales
I too am becoming increasingly concerned about Rivian’s inability to service their vehicles. It took more than 3 months to get a service appt for this coming Friday and they just called and wanted to move it out to April. They told me if I want to make a new service appointment, the earliest is July or August. I think it’s time to bail on Rivian. They are headed the way of Vinfast and Fisker.

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
I too am becoming increasingly concerned about Rivian’s inability to service their vehicles. It took more than 3 months to get a service appt for this coming Friday and they just called and wanted to move it out to April. They told me if I want to make a new service appointment, the earliest is July or August. I think it’s time to bail on Rivian. They are headed the way of Vinfast and Fisker.
Bye ✌🏼

Baccseed

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I kept bugging them and driving them nuts until I got in…..if you can, claim it is a safety item. But you are correct, it IS unsustainable so let’s hope more centers open up or they hire more mobile techs. My appt finally was a mobile tech so hopefully yours can be handled that way. Brest, JB

Did you call them?
I'm not too keen on making calls and demanding things :lipssealed:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They are headed the way of Vinfast and Fisker
I was able to get a Fisker tech to service my vehicle, where I parked it due to it being undrivable, in the same week.

Rivian was able to get my vehicle into service in the same week for my 12V issue that also meant it could have been unpredictable. OP never said what their issues were and Rivian is absolutely prioritizing issues that can leave owners stranded over what is ultimately fit and finish problems.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
I was able to get a Fisker tech to service my vehicle, where I parked it due to it being undrivable, in the same week.

Rivian was able to get my vehicle into service in the same week for my 12V issue that also meant it could have been unpredictable. OP never said what their issues were and Rivian is absolutely prioritizing issues that can leave owners stranded over what is ultimately fit and finish problems.
My issue/s are not prohibitive to the vehicle being operable (extensive under carriage rattling when shutting doors (both sides), door whistling noise that's been attempted to be "fixed" 3 or 4 times). So I get they can triage based on severity - however - if I had just bought a brand new $100k vehicle I'd expect to be made whole pretty quickly and not have to wait 4+ months to be seen on even the most minor panel gap issue. I'm not expecting to be seen the next day/week, but waiting anything longer than a month seems absurd for the cost of these cars. From my last service experience I had to wait 3 months, I was surprised that it's now increasing. I'm also worried these "cost cutting" reductions might hit SCs as well and it's going to be even more laughable.

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

For those in LA/Orange County, I was surprised to see this today.

First time using the driver heated seat functionality and it keeps turning off as soon as I enable it. Made a service request and available appointments at Costa Mesa are just a little over a month out!

Maybe Eastvale or the Lake Forest locations are ramping!

Rivian R1T R1S Service Appointments IMG_1462

JamuJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, Polestar 2, R1T Max Pack Performance
Occupation
Retired Petroleum Engineer
I have experienced four minor issues with my R1T (delivered Dec 23). Each was resolved over the phone by a service advisor, usually by a vehicle reboot. Weeks later, a service advisor called me to check that all issues had remained resolved. I’ve never experienced that with any other vehicle.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Service wait times are not just serially going up as they sell more cars.. they ebb and flow just like any other demand. Appointments in Portland were really bad earlier this year now it's weeks or sooner if it's urgent.

Your experience sucks but is probably why they have two additional service centers 'in the works' in So Cal
Sponsored